Sunday, July 26, 2020

RIP Acknowledgements - BIG Signage FAIL!

In my previous post, I mentioned ten Zoo Friends that passed away during the Shutdown, or since the Re-Opening.  Only one has been publicly acknowledged.

In my opinion, every Being matters.  Each Animal has someone who knows and loves them.  Whether its those who care for them, or those who visit them.  They all deserve the respect of having their lives acknowledged.  

I have always had an issue with how one Animal's passing (or other event, Birth or Birthday), is acknowledged and another's isn't.  

When a friend first told me about Taymor's ("Larry") passing, aside from the shock and sadness, I was like, When did this happen?  Why didn't the Zoo post anything?  Two days later, another friend said she asked and was told he passed away in March.  March!!!  Four months ago, and not one mention.  

Sam passed away Friday and there was a press release, that was picked up by dozens of News outlets. 

The other eight I mentioned, didn't get acknowledged in any way either.  Three of them lost their lives to the Mountain Lion who entered the Zoo.  That was even a well publicized news story and yet the Zoo made no comment to my knowledge about the tragic loss of these Souls.

All are equally heartbreaking and sad for all who loved them.  Why does the Zoo choose to acknowledge one over the other?   

So, here is what prompted this post.  When I visited the Zoo this week, there was a sign at Taymor's enclosure.  I have to assume since people have asked about him, a sign was made.  
Rest In Peace, Taymor

Look at this sign close.  The bottom line.  Rest In Peace, Jahari.  Jahari the Lion, passed away last year. 

This was a full-on F##k-up!  I'm sorry, there is just no other way to say it.  I was so upset when I read this, and as I re-read it and write this, I feel like throwing up.  I'm so hurt by this disrespect.  Good grief, isn't it someone's job to proof-read these things?  So many opportunities to catch this major fumble.  Proof-read it before printing, after printing, when it was hung...  This is really bad.

I sure hope someone has caught it, and there is a new sign immediately.

Related post
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2020/07/rip-zoo-friends-who-passed-during.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.