Monday, June 27, 2022

Update - City Official Contacted Me Regarding Bison Issue

I was contacted this morning by the Staff of a City Official who I sent yesterday's blog post to.  

They wrote...


In my Thank you I wrote...



I think my blog and Petition wording is very clear, but just in case, I wanted to be very clear that I am pointing out the failure of the Rec and Park in regards to the Bison, not the SFZoo Staff.

Added:
I do want to reiterate that this is a supplemental vegetation issue, that is the responsibility of the SF Rec and Park.  The Rec and Park are required to maintain the enclosure, which means keeping the vegetation healthy.  The Rec and Park control the sprinkler system.  This is solely on them. ... The Bison are healthy and well taken care of by SFZoo Animal Care Staff.  They are fed daily and given extra food to compensate for what they are not getting from grazing.  They are not going hungry.  That said, they do need that green vegetation, not only for extra intake and but because grazing is part of their natural behavior.   It's what they do and that needs to be replicated in a captive environment.

Related posts...

Sun 6.26.22

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2022/06/petition-to-rec-and-park-city-of-san.html

Wed 6.29.22

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2022/06/park-sprinklers-flood-path-not-drop-for.html


1 comment:

  1. Good. Very, very good you got through. Enough of enough of this nonsense folks pretending to have compassion/understanding of wildlife. Clear as a bell the lack welfare of animals under their watch. Don't ever give up! You are strong, continue be strong. We are being lied to. Your vision is helping us see the truth. All animals, always!!!

    ReplyDelete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.