Saturday, June 15, 2019

AZA President Admits Ndume Left at TGF, Knowing Not In His Best Interest - (Non-SFZoo)

Great read from AZA (Association of Zoos and Aquariums) President, Dan Ashe.  He admits what I've been saying all along, that the Cincinnati Zoo ( the AZA, and the Gorilla SSP) left Ndume at The Gorilla Foundation for reasons that were best for Koko, NOT Ndume!  This has always hurt my heart for Ndume. Just sick that this was allowed to knowingly happen to him and lasted near three decades. Its almost worse hearing the admittance. They knew it wasn't best for him. They KNEW it was not in HIS best interest.  As a senior himself, Ndume could have died there at The Gorilla Foundation before Koko and never had the life he should have.  They robbed Ndume of a Gorilla Family of his own for 28 years of his life, so Koko could possibly catch a glimpse of another Gorilla from time to time. Unconscionable!  A moral crime.  I applaud them for going the distance and doing the right thing now, but they are damn lucky he survived her and is here for them to able to give him the life he has always deserved. Shame on them all for the past.  They better jump through hoops for him from here on out! 
screencap from article:


I also liked this.  Means something to those of us who have Courage in our Character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.