Sunday, September 29, 2019

Members Meeting - SFZoo Board Members Visit Zoo, Tour Great Ape Passage

The first time I heard about the Members Meeting was in 2015.  I saw it noted in one of the Email Newsletters.  All it said was, "... annual Member Meeting and election of directors."  I tried to track down what exactly it was about, and never really got an answer.  From what I could gather from bits and pieces of information, its not a Meeting for Zoo Members, its for Zoological Society Members.  So why it continues to be on the public Calendar I don't know.  That said, it turned up again, on the Calendar for September 17th. 

If anyone reading this has more info, I'd be curious to know more. You can leave it in the comments. I publish the comments, so anything you write goes through me first, not just directly posted. So, you can also use the comment form to contact me.  And if you want to actually make a comment, remember you can chose to post as Anonymous.  Ok enough digression.

Here is the post I wrote back in 2015

The reason I'm writing about it again is because I was told that the Board Members were going to Tour the Great Ape Passage.  This of course sparks many questions, that relate to the Orangutan situation, and to other things in general.

*Were the Board Members told the truth, that the project is not finished and needs funding for Triple Grotto?  That until something is done in Triple Grotto the Orangutans basically have no yard of their own?

*Did they even notice the Orangutans have no enclosure?  Or did they just think its great to see them?

Sometimes I have to wonder, Do Board Members know what really goes on?   Or do they just believe what they are told?  Are they sold the illusion?  

It would be great if just one Board Member didn't wear rose-colored glasses and could see things clearly and initiate a conversation with other Board Members about things that just aren't right.  Maybe that's just a fantasy. 

Anyway, I hope there were some Board Members that could see clearly that there is not enough space for both the Chimpanzees and the Orangutans in the current Great Ape Passage set-up and the need for funding Triple Grotto came up. 

Everyday Amoi watches the Chimps in the yard from her enclosure, the Skytrail.  Will someone Do The Right Thing for the Orangutans?



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.