Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Orangutan Update - Week Eight 10.7.19

I just realized, I didn't do an update last weekend.  ... The publish date will be backdated so it flows in chronological order. 

I did post a video I made that week.  Pretty much sums the situation up. 

In case you missed it:

I apologize for the rehashing every week.  Its got to be done.  I try to add new information, but unfortunately there isn't much.  

In the video I note that its week six, its actually week seven.  The situation is beyond out of control, that I guess I missed a week.  That said, I also narrate that while the Orangutans are stuck in the trails,  I don't think that they should have access to the yard, because the Chimps need both the dayroom and the yard.  

Make no mistake, I find it a moral crime that there is not a third space in this Great Ape Passage project finished for the Orangutans and for future rotation options.  

At this point in time, I am solely focused on documenting this unconscionable situation.  

I am not the only one who has a problem with this.  Everyone I talk to,  wants to know ...

Why is there no enclosure for the Orangutans?

San Francisco Zoo, please answer this logically.  I know you maintain the rotation illusion, that will allegedly happen once the Chimpanzees are fully integrated.  It will not.  Its just not feasible with a group of seven.  I know it, you know it.  Everyone knows it.   If you proceed with this, one species will not be in a proper space.  This has already been happening for the last five months. How much longer before a third space is made in Triple Grotto?  Show some compassion for these Beings and immediately construct a temporary yard, by netting over South Grotto, until North and Middle Grotto can be appropriately renovated.

Last week Ollie initiated grooming with Amoi.  Since then, he has been out from under his blanket and more active, following her around and sitting by her.  They NEED more room!
Ollie on the left, Amoi on the right.
Looking at the Chimps in the yard.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.