Most days I don't set an alarm. It's starting to seem like every time I do, for some reason I am still awake as time gets closer and closer to the bell. So this morning, with the two hour window closing in, I opened Facebook and saw this post as the clock neared 4a. Not what I needed on my mind. And I certainly didn't want to write another blog post.
Considering I have written extensively about Our Lions eviction, some might say, Why does she care what others put forth about the same?
I don't care if there's other thoughts and opinions, I care when I feel it comes from a place of bias. By that, and specific to this group, I mean from people whose goal is rooted solely in an Anti-Zoo position. While silent in recent months, this group and their allies came out of the woodwork in 2024 when media started exposing the mass mismanagement under former CEO/Director Tanya Peterson. They tried to ignite many stories with sensationalism, in an effort to build an army of supporters with the goal of getting Our Zoo closed.
It is not my intention to rehash their faults, but to document an outrageous and misleading component to their latest campaign. My issue in this, is not that there's a suggestion of Sanctuary for Jasiri and Lulu (Zoo name Marvella), I want them to live their lives wherever the best home is, where all their needs can be taken care of.
My issue is that this group is not only using Our Lions to solicit Donations, but for Anti-Zoo campaigns. They state donations will, "support their work in this issue." Yet when you click on the link to donate, it takes you to their main donation page, not one specifically for, "this issue". And seriously, what would that look like anyway? Are they planning to pay for relocation expenses?




No comments:
Post a Comment