Sunday, May 31, 2020

Protests, Riots, NO Distancing! - Then I Can Damn Well Go To The Zoo!

As the title indicates, I'm pretty pissed this morning!  

I didn't plan on writing more about the re-opening of the Zoo.  I already laid out my feelings, the facts and a suggestion, in previous posts. Even after reading two related, of interest articles, last night, I still thought, I'd said enough on the subject, it's wait and see now.  Scroll to bold type below to view links to those articles.

Then as I wrapped up reading about non-California Zoos and the protocols they are putting in place, it was near 11p and my Twitter San Francisco news was blowing up with Riot coverage from downtown.  Protesting is one thing, but rioting, vandalizing, and looting, that has nothing to do with the issue, only with violence.  It's disturbing and scary.

Like most, I had seen what's been happening around the Country the past couple days. I had seen earlier coverage from LA, where there was a sea of people packed into one street near the Beverly Center.  I know that street, its at least four lanes and the crowd stretched several blocks.  No Distancing!  That right there is proof the re-opening guidelines are no longer valid. If this is happening, I can damn well go to the Zoo!

So, California Governor Newsom, San Francisco Mayor Breed, and the Health Department, need to sort this ridiculous reasoning that Zoos can't open at this time.  We need to be done with the guidelines and timelines.  No one is following any of the orders. Shelter in Place has become a joke.  No one physically distances. Only after eleven weeks, have masks been made mandatory outside, yet some are still exempt.  If everyone was on board, the whole we are in this together mantra was working, sure, but the majority doesn't give a shit and I'm sick of it.  I want to go to the Zoo!  I say re-open everything. Businesses will have protocols in place and it's up to them to enforce in their establishments. Outside, let the people who do care Protect themselves by wearing face-covering and distancing. It's how I've been doing it.  I haven't been protected by any of the Orders. I'm still assaulted by the maskless and non-distancers everytime I leave the house.  Let Covid sort out those who don't take it serious.  All the people who have packed beaches and parks, and now the protests, good greif the spread that can be brewing.  Government needs to fold its hand because whatever good they were trying to do to keep everyone safe, was under the notion that we live in a cooperative and reasonable society.  We do not.  

For those who stayed with me on this rant, thank you.  I know it's not exclusively Zoo relates, but it's all wrapped up in there.  I'm just tired.  I'm over bad human behavior.  I'm over my life being dictated by other people's awfulness.  This Pandemic started because people feel entitled to eat any non-human Being they want and because of bad hygiene.  Two of my biggest issue points. So yeah, I'm pretty pissed.  I'm beyond over people doing whatever they want, endangering others and its allowed.  Yet now, Zoos have safety protocols in place and can't open?  People like me denied being able to go to their happy place?  And more important, Zoos are being denied revenue to keep the lives in their care fed, healthy and thriving?  Outrageous.  

Now, for the actual Zoo related content.

I knew when I read San Francisco Mayor Breed's Timeline that it was general, not specific to SF, as in Phase 3 it notes "Zoos", plural.  That said, I hadn't thought about the previous notation I read several weeks ago, on the State of California website, and related news articles where Governor Newsom said, Zoos are not included in Outdoor Museums.

As I read these two articles last night, it became evident that Newsom needs to sort Zoos individually.  The layout, space, and attractions are different in each Zoo. 

This came through Facebook as I follow The Living Desert Zoo. They are aggressively challenging the Phase 3 Timeline.

The only other California Zoo in the news for re-opening concerns was San Diego.  According to them, Governor Newsom was supposed to re-evaluate the Zoo categorization, but never did.

Hope the re-opening situation gets sorted soon because Again, if all these people can flood the streets, no distancing, no enforcement, no repercussions, I can damn well go to the Zoo! 

The more I read about what's going on, the more evident it is, ... The World Has Gone Mad. ... AND I need to see my Zoo Friends before the Madness gets any worse.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.