Tuesday, August 11, 2020

SFZoo Re-Opening - Big Disappointment In Solution At Chimps

I'm going to interrupt my initial series of Re-Opening posts to include this update at this point.  If I had finished editing my drafts for the series and posted them in a timely manner, this would have come at the end of those posts, but since I haven't and I've known about this a couple days, it needs to go in here now.  Additionally, since its now Tuesday August 11, I will be seeing this for myself tomorrow, and there may be a whole new head-shaker there by then.  It's also nearing 5p and it's my birthday, so I'd like to put the blogging down for awhile and watch a movie with my kitten. 

So, someone who knew I had an issue with this area, alerted me to this.  

It appears to be a mesh tarp. I don't know but last I checked, mesh had holes in it.  Much like us wearing mesh masks, I don't think this will help with the Virus situation.  

It also supposedly does not cover the whole fencing?  Considering the Chimps sit in various locations around the fencing, as well the Orangutans climb and stop in various locations, it's pretty curious.  


I could say alot more, but I'll just say this... With all the high level people on that payroll, they should have come up with a better solution.

Previous post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2020/08/sfzoo-re-opening-concerns-for.html

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



2 comments:

  1. First foremost Happy Birthday to you!

    The disappointment you express regarding animals at zoo is one displayed by management. Back in the day ALL zoological park directors were serious animal people/experts in some field (reptiles, primates, cats). Clearly the inactions of SF Zoo don't show any regards to being an expert manager to proper understanding of the animals they supposely bank on! How many times have any seen the top people walking the grounds talking to public championing animals? No it does appear higher up's holed up in their hide outs running on mute. Someone once recently asked why birds sing every morning, yet as human we have no song! There's to much missing indeed animal welfare wise. Enjoy your day this day. And rejoice in the happiest of your animals are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jim B - Thank you for your comment and for the Birthday Greeting! Both much appreciated! I did enjoy my day, saw no humans. Went to Zoo the next day and yes, am always thankful for those Friends! ... Sadly I agree with your words, as most issues do boil down to management fails. Interesting you ask about seeing top people,... I could go on about that, but will just say, it was very noticeable that our Director, or even another VP was not out during Re-Opening days greeting people, ...welcoming and thanking. ... Thanks for staying tuned to the blog! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.