Sunday, January 17, 2021

New > Info Added 1.24.21 ... Zoo Playground Now Open? - Update

So, there's a question mark in the title, as I'm not sure whether Open means, open to all, or just to those who the Zoo invites. 

On Tuesday January 5, I posted about the development of the Playground Opening.  At the time, I didn't think there was going to be a need for an update.  Silly me, by Thursday things had changed.

Before posting, I called the Membership Office to see exactly what the Playground Reservation was all about.  There wasn't much more to it, other than the allowance of the Playground only to be open.  Relevant to note that Membership was surprised that the Reservations had been posted to the website, as they had not worked out the details yet.  

I had made a few reservations, since when I saw it listed, I didn't know what the details were.  After talking to Membership, I canceled all but one, as I didn't want to take away a Playground option for kids, since I was obviously not going to use the Playground.  I kept the one, as I still wanted to check out the situation, as well be able to have access to the parking lot and maybe get to see my Cow pal Slider from the perimeter fence. as well I could see the Savannah.  

So, Thursday I got an email and phone call that my Reservation had been canceled, stating they weren't ready to open.  I looked at the website and the Reservation option was no longer up.  This all begged questions, so I called to get clarification.  I asked if all reservations had been canceled or just mine (because you know, ... it's me lol!)  All were canceled, they weren't ready to open.  I asked if when they were ready, would the reservations be back on the site and open to all or only by invite as they did during the first shutdown, when they allowed only Members they invited to visit the Zoo?  Yes, would be open to all Members. 

I decided I was not going to reserve again when they did open up, but wanted to monitor the situation anyway.  I didn't check the website again until the other day.  There were four reservation slots only for a Saturday and Sunday.  All were sold out.  I checked this morning and there were daily reservations through the end of the month.  All sold out. 



The curious things are, when they were first listed, only the weekends were sold out, all other days were completely open and there has been no mention of the Playground being open by reservation, on any of the Zoo's Social Media.  So how are 40+ events sold out?   My conclusion is that possibly these reservations are not being openly offered, instead being obtained by invite only, and then marked as Sold Out.  Of course I could be wrong, but this is how it seems to me.

So, I apologize if my alert to a potential Zoo experience option got anyone's hopes up, when it may very well not be open to all Members equally.  Those who have kids and want to take advantage of the Playground, should call Membership and inquire about a reservation or invitation.

New > 1.24.21 Additional Info - Instead of making a new post I am adding to this one for documentation purposes.  I never read the fine print on the Tickets but when I went to delete my Playground one that was cancelled, I did.  It notates that Playground reservation includes access to the Children's Zoo.  This of course peaks my curiosity, as it was not mentioned to me when I inquired about the details, and is this even allowed?  It does not seem in line with the Shutdown order.  So, whether this is still an active part of the reservation, I don't know.  I probably won't be seeking to find out further because I find the situation exhausting, when the Zoo could have made it not only simple but fair to all Members.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.