Monday, January 17, 2022

Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes On My Blog

I was about to start another post, when I decided to take a break and check the News on Twitter.  This random Tweet was under my For You tab, with this quote.  

I realized that all these years, I never made the connection on Martin Luther King Day, between my blog and the quotes that I have here.  The above, was the first one I put up.

Not sure if anyone has ever read the blog sidebars, but the left side contains quotes I've read, that pertain to Being A Voice For The Animals, Why I do this blog and the Repercussions I've had put on me because of my personal opinions. ... This MLK quote also appears there.


I started collecting these quotes after I had my Zoo Membership taken away from me for the second time.  I was being retaliated against by Zoo Director Tanya Peterson for my words in this blog.  So, at the same time I posted the left sidebar quotes, I also posted the Statement on the right side. This same Statement appears at the end of every post as a reminder. 


It's appropriate to post this today, not only as a Thank You to MLK and others who have took a stance for something they strongly believe in, but in relation to this place I've arrived at in my documentation of things that just aren't right at the San Francisco Zoo.

The last two posts I published, will not be Director Peterson's favorites.  Neither will the handful coming.  Which means, each time I'm vocal about the wrongs, have opinions, and frankly finger point at her, I make myself vulnerable to retaliation.  That said, and I quote myself from a post a few years ago, ... "I must remind Director Peterson that while she and others may not agree with what I write, it is not against the law or rules to have an opinion".

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*







1 comment:

  1. "If we assume that we can do as one pleases regarding absence of compassion caring for other living creatures, we will be just as guilty as those that cause past extinctions!

    ReplyDelete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.