Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Oh Hell, Here Comes Another News Article

Nearing midnight, and I just published a post about my overwhelmed mind.  I took a look at Twitter and have now seen this.  



I'm just going to note two things...

First, Supervisor Myrna Melgar must be mind melding me, with this statement...

Melgar said that the city should at some point also renegotiate its lease with the Zoological Society, which has been in place since 1993. 

I've been thinking about this last couple days, in reference to a few posts I've had in draft, and other thoughts.  I made some notes today... 


This development is very welcomed!  If they get as far as revising the Lease, there also needs to be a cost of living raise in the amount the City gives the Zoo, which has not changed since the Lease went into effect thirty-one years ago!  I noted this curiosity long ago.  It's insanity there has not been regular renegotiation of the amount. I've recently started the process of seeking documents to calculate what that amount might look like, based on a couple things.

I have never been heavy into politics, and do very light voting. Haven't decided on who I'm voting for (for Mayor), but considering The Zoo is one of the things I most care about, this Melgar gal may have my vote.  ... Although she is pro closing Great Highway and I'm not.

I'm also liking the words from Mayoral Candidate Ahsha Safai, who is quoted... 

I’m just very worried about the future of the zoo. We want to make sure we get this institution back on track,” he said at the meeting."

The last thing,... 

I have to note how ridiculous this statement from Zoo Director Tanya Peterson is...

"...an audit by the Board of Supervisors was actually conducted in 2008.  It was done in part to respond to issues raised by animal welfare groups such as In Defense of Animals, one of the same groups that participated in last week’s report to the Animal Welfare Commission."

Good Grief, she became Director in January 2008.  That audit has little to do with her.  She's been mismanaging the Zoo for the sixteen years since then.

Whoever does become Mayor, they need to pull rank over the Zoological Society and FIRE Tanya Peterson.  Shit will turn around right quick!

Note: I'm not endorcing any of these people, just noting alignment in statements regarding the Zoo.  That said, no go on Breed for me based solely on her disregard for the current Zoo Animals and overall Needs, with her irresponsible Panda Plan.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I used to use (search) labels, but too often forget.  I started noting "Hot Topic" in title, but fell lax on that.  Now I'm just going to add labels, keywords, etc., here at the bottom with hashtags.  Does it help in searches, who knows. 

#SanFrancisco , #SanFranciscoZoo , #Zoos #SanFranciscoZoologicalSociety , #SanFranciscoZooDirectorTanyaPeterson , #SanFranciscoRecreationAndParksDept , #SanFranciscoMayorLondonBreed ,  #AssociationOfZoosAndAquariums , #AZA , #SpeciesSurvivalPlan , #SSP , #Animals , #Wildlife , #Nature , #AnimalWelfare , #AnimalCruelty , #AndeanBear , #KomodoDragon , #Chimpanzees ,  #PatasMonkey , #Fossa , #Orangutans , #Barriers , #PerimeterFence, #Pandas #Bison

























No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.