Tuesday, October 15, 2024

There Is Just Too Much - This Zoo Bullshit Needs To Be Sorted Soon

9:40p ... The last thirty-six hours exactly, have been alot.  

Still reeling from the weekend's Zoo news and post writing, I dozed off Sunday night, thinking about my Zoo goal for the morning.  I had seen the latest Tweets regarding the Zoo and there were dozens of reTweets of the article and news stations across the country picking it up.  I was still angered by what I feel was a deliberate use of sensational words in the Chronicle article's title.  Seeing "unsafe" being repeated over and over was really bothersome.  I noted a bit in posts, but to reiterate, in my opinion splashing a statement like, "San Francisco Zoo Described As Unsafe For Visitors..." is really irresponsible and potentially damaging. 

My goal for yesterday's Zoo visit, was to make videos as I walked the grounds, notating safety, and also showing as much of the Zoo as I had time for, so those who have never been, can decide for themselves if it's "dilapidated".  Sure there is much needed work, but the picture that was painted, in my opinion was misleading.  As for the Animal Welfare issues, shared by Keepers, those are the only people we should be listening to.  Not the opinions of people who have spent very little time at Our Zoo, and who don't even like Zoos.

I was in my car at 9:40a and I got a message from a friend alerting me to a KQED live show about the Chronicle article and Commission Report.  I actually thought once again, good grief can't I get a breather from all this Zoo stuff.  I already had my video making on my mind, as well posts I hadn't gotten to over the weekend because of the new stuff.  It was already alot.  The timing of all this is actually a big, oh geez, considering just the weekend before I decided to wean myself from the feeling of needing to document everything.  I guess until the Zoo is sorted, or I can adjust to letting things not affect me as much, it's going to be very hard.

My day ran late, my mind was tired and still working hard, so I didn't listen to the archived KQED piece last night.  I woke up and immediately felt overwhelmed, and my mind literally being pulled in too many directions.  Wanting to listen to that show, post about the videos, finish and publish draft posts, I have over a dozen emails to write about Zoo stuff, I have emails from Supervisors sent to me a month ago that I haven't even read more than a glance, let alone working through that info, so many documents to read, more to request, another non-Zoo animal related project, all those things were racing in and out of my mind at the same time.  I felt very scattered all day, and could only do bits of alot of those, but never finishing anything.  The one post I did publish, I thankfully had written, I just needed to add photos to.

So, in addition to all that, new ideas came to mind.  Who knows when I'm getting to what.  What I do want to do is share the KQED link for those who haven't heard it.

https://www.kqed.org/forum/2010101907448/sf-zoo-is-unsafe-for-visitors-and-animals-according-to-city-report

I listened and was surprisingly not as offended as I thought I'd be.  That said, I still have issues with things that I feel fall short of what I expect from what's been and is being put forth.  I know that's kind of cryptic, but I already have posts in draft that are related to those things, so I'll wait to say more.  

I also listened to a podcast by someone who I knew many years.  He spoke about the Zoo with fondness in a way that resonated with me.  We are both natives and endeared to our San Francisco lives and youth, to the history of our hometown, and Our Zoo.

The direct link goes straight to app store, so use the main website, but copy and paste it. >  thevoicesf.podbean.com

Scroll down to one that says The Zoo.  It's currently second on the list.

Since I've rambled on alot about my current state of mind, and not a whole lot about Zoo stuff really,  I want to share a fun clip I captured last month at Chimpanzees.  A new bridge was recently added and this was my first time seeing it, as Nick was using it 😊  Wish all this Zoo bullshit would sort out, so I can just get back to sharing wonderful Zoo Friend experiences like this.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1F1PuaX4mlk&si=aQlLPYpeM9EBzmN5

Previous Post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2024/10/orangutans-can-see-construction-of.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I used to use (search) labels, but too often forget.  I started noting "Hot Topic" in title, but fell lax on that.  Now I'm just going to add labels, keywords, etc., here at the bottom with hashtags.  Does it help in searches, who knows. 

#SanFrancisco , #SanFranciscoZoo , #Zoos #SanFranciscoZoologicalSociety , #SanFranciscoZooDirectorTanyaPeterson , #SanFranciscoRecreationAndParksDept , #SanFranciscoMayorLondonBreed ,  #AssociationOfZoosAndAquariums , #AZA , #SpeciesSurvivalPlan , #SSP , #Animals , #Wildlife , #Nature , #AnimalWelfare , #AnimalCruelty , #AndeanBear , #KomodoDragon , #Chimpanzees ,  #PatasMonkey , #Fossa , #Orangutans , #Barriers , #PerimeterFence, #Pandas #Bison


























No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.