Saturday, October 12, 2024

KTVU Links "The Report" In Article

My ears are still pulsating, and I'm dozing off.  I've been on Zoo stuff for near eight hours.  Longer than Zoo Director Tanya Peterson has worked for the Zoo, today or most days.

Before I start a movie and give into the doze, I checked Twitter for "san francisco zoo" under the latest tab.  I feel physically ill seeing a stream of posts saying Our Zoo is unsafe for Visitors and Animals, including someone who posted what I said could happen as a result of these irresponsible words.

In addition, KTVU News has also posted about the Report issued by the Animal Control and Welfare Commission, which has been the subject of my last two posts.

I'm not going to go through their whole post like I did with the Chronicles.  I'm posting only because it contains a link to the Report, within their article.  I've circled the text that hyperlinks to the eleven page document.



I really don't have it in me to read this right now, but you know I couldn't help myself.  I didn't get past the first page without having an issue, and feeling like this is going to contain very biased words. 

The preliminary meeting was between the Commission and four Activists, three, including Barker have been very vocal about wanting the Zoo shutdown.  All six mentioned who were present at the meeting, including, Dr. Spinelli and Jane Tobin, have extremely limited to zero knoweledge and/or experience with Our Zoo.   It baffles me that so much attention and weight is given to the opinions of Close the Zoo Zealots.
I hope as I continue to read this document that there are logical and valid criticisms, and realistic solutions, including funding what they think should be done.

That all said, the only people I trust to evaluate the Zoo are certain long-time employees and Animal Care Staff.  That's who should have been at this meeting and involved with input.  Not random's.  

See two previous posts for expanded thoughts on this subject.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I used to use (search) labels, but too often forget.  I started noting "Hot Topic" in title, but fell lax on that.  Now I'm just going to add labels, keywords, etc., here at the bottom with hashtags.  Does it help in searches, who knows. 

#SanFrancisco , #SanFranciscoZoo , #Zoos #SanFranciscoZoologicalSociety , #SanFranciscoZooDirectorTanyaPeterson , #SanFranciscoRecreationAndParksDept , #SanFranciscoMayorLondonBreed ,  #AssociationOfZoosAndAquariums , #AZA , #SpeciesSurvivalPlan , #SSP , #Animals , #Wildlife , #Nature , #AnimalWelfare , #AnimalCruelty , #AndeanBear , #KomodoDragon , #Chimpanzees ,  #PatasMonkey , #Fossa , #Orangutans , #Barriers , #PerimeterFence, #Pandas



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.