Thursday, October 17, 2019

News Flash! Ndume Explores New Home With Friends For First Time! - Non-SFZoo

News recently posted to the Cincinnati Zoo Facebook Page.

I read this and started sobbing! I am so Happy for Ndume!   If you have followed this blog or know me, you know I did everything I could to help him, blogged, tweeted, emailed, petitioned, contacted media, anything I could think of, all to get Ndume a better life, to get him away from Penny Patterson and The Gorilla Foundation.  Ndume deserved to live the life of a Gorilla, one he was denied for Twenty-Seven of his Thirty-Eight Years of Life.  

So seeing this video, ... THIS is so wonderful!  Last year at this time it was hard to imagine Cincinnati Zoo coming through for him.  They left him there for decades.  They checked on him a handful of times, if that.  They ignored all pleas to help him.


So, finally, Ndume is living the life of a Gorilla.  In a proper and beautiful home, with Gorilla companions.  

All photos are Screencaps taken from the Cincinnati Zoo Facebook page and video.  You can view the video there at this link. 

For those still wearing rose colored glasses and pro Ndume staying at the illusion that is The Gorilla Foundation,  THIS is the life Penny Patterson tried to rob him of, by not honoring her agreement to return him to Cincinnati Zoo.

I'm grateful to the Cincinnati Zoo, but I'm compulsive to remind people of the facts, just as I do with the plight of my San Francisco Zoo Chimpanzee Friends. Ndume had to wait far too long for this to happen.  He should have had better decades ago.  Cincinnati Zoo has stepped up in a huge way for him now, but they and the AZA/SSP failed him for 27 years.

Enjoy your new life Ndume!  You deserve it sweet boy!  Looking forward to experiencing this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.