Sunday, November 29, 2020

Words Of A Politician and A Filmmaker - Why I Write This Blog

I wrote a completely new post a couple weeks ago.  Some recent things moved me and I thought my feelings would be a good lead-in to many of the posts I have in draft.  Time got away from me, and the outside world got to me.  So, Peace has been the priority, and even though the need to do so is constantly on my mind, opening up the blog has not been.

Thank you to all who continue to follow this blog.  

Written Saturday November 14, 2020

So many failed attempts to catch-up with blog posts.  Sometimes it seems I may never catch-up, because every week there seems to be more things to write about.  It's very frustrating, but more so, disconcerting.  It makes me sad. 

I want everyone to know, regardless of how long it takes me, how far behind I get, I will never stop being a voice for the Animals.  I will always watch, I will always question, I will always be vocal in an effort to right wrongs. 

Last Friday, while I watched the Victory Celebration after the Election winner was called, I felt a bit of ambition.  President Elect Joe Biden spoke of making a Better America.  The words that formed his sentiment resonated with me, as every thought I have, every post I write, the truth, the awareness, is all in hope that it will lend to making, a Better Zoo.

The other night I watched an interview with Robby Benson.  When I was a teenager, Robby was mostly known as an Actor.  I spent the summer of '79, on the set of his movie Die Laughing that was filmed here in the City.  Ironically, one of the first locations was behind the Zoo, in a large vacant sand dune area, where the scene of a Circus was set-up.  That experience became a foundation of a big part of my younger life.

In 2008 I finished working on a book about my teenage adventures. I have never done anything with it, as it coincided with a personal tragedy and I never got back to it.  Then, when I might have been able to work on publishing it, my mind was other places.  The last ten years have been spent watching, worrying and writing about the Zoo.  Not really what I wanted (or want) to do, but what has been presented to me at this point in life.

Ok, back to the reason I brought up Robby Benson.  Since the 70s he has taken on every aspect of filmmaking.  Watching his interview, he really has become a master of his craft. He spoke in regard to being directed and what he's learned.  "As a Director you shouldn't feel threatened when someone has an idea, ideas are great!  Even if its wrong, you can harness that idea and take that energy and aim it in a different direction and then even more ideas start to come."

His words related to many things that I've experienced during my twelve years of being immersed in the Zoo.  Initially I relayed ideas to the Director via what I mistakenly took as a welcomed email correspondence.  A Keeper at the time (2009) warned me to be careful, "She doesn't like other people's ideas."  I responded, curious why someone would be adverse to suggestions.  There has been several people over the years that have said the same thing to me, as Robby did about working with Film Directors. 

Much like our President Elect said in that November 7th speech about our Country, there are alot of things that need fixing at our Zoo. We have had twelve years of not so great things happen.  You only need to scan through the archives of this blog to see that.  Something needs to give for the Zoo to thrive in the right direction.  I continue to hope that my documentation for awareness, idea suggestions, and words of truth will be a source of that happening.    

Note: This post was updated December 4, 2020.  I realized I posted the shorter draft instead of the full one.  I thought it seemed shorter but didn't realize til now.  I have never added to a blog post before.  Feels weird after its been read by even one, but it feels right to put forth the post as it was intended.  Apologies.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.