Friday, August 30, 2013

More New Name Nonsense! - Amani becomes Eve :(

I meant to post this months ago.  So, yes prior to the Zoo renaming Falcor, it disrespected another Animal Resident, beautiful new girl on the Savannah, Amani.

Amani, came to the Zoo in May from Albuquerque Bio Park Zoo.  She was born there on September 9, 2011.  She was given the African name Amani, meaning Peace.  ... She has now been stripped of her name and renamed Eve.  :(  


Additionally, I felt bad when I researched Amani, and saw photos of her with her new little sister, born shortly before she was transfered here.  Photos of her being affectionate with her little sister made me sad that she was torn away from her at that time.  Would have been nice if both Zoo's could have shown a bit more empathy and waited for the transfer.  Thankfully we had a babie around the same time and I caught this sweet exchange the other day :)  Amani giving kisses to babie Kozy (Zoo name Erin).


Note:  My friends and I have decided to name all the babies whatever we want.  So since I dubbed the Tiger Cub LP for Little Padang, in honor of her Auntie Padang,  Nica Doodle named little Giraffe Kosbare,  meaning Precious in Afrikaans.  Kozy for short.

You can read about Amani's birth and see her babie photos at these links:


http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/interactive/giraffe-calf-born-at-abq-biopark-zoo_3941218

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
As with all posts,
please expand comments
for additional insight and information.
Check back as I reply to all comments.
Contact the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson
if you want your voice heard.
tanyap@sfzoo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.