Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Colo! - Columbus Zoo Matriarch Gorilla Turns 57!

In 2009 while writing on my first SFZoo blog, gooberssfzoofriends, I discovered a Gorilla named Colo, who was born at the Columbus Zoo on December 22, 1956.  Not only was she the oldest living Gorilla in a North American Zoo, not only was she the first Western Lowland Gorilla born in captivity in the World, but she was also our Hasani's Great-GrandMother!  Our Jonesy and Zura are the offspring of Colo's Son Oscar, making our newest little one, Kabibe,  Colo's Great-GrandDaughter!   


Happy Birthday Colo!
(Zura looks just like her!)

Learn more about this Amazing Lady and her life thru this great video titled Colo's Life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.