Sunday, October 14, 2018

HOT TOPICS! - List by Year and Other Blog Links

(Re-positioning this upcoming post for flow)

You can search HOT TOPICS!  in upper left corner of blog.   I'm still notating blog posts as HOT TOPICS! for easy Issues of Interest reference, so will update with the HOT TOPICS! list soon. 

You can also view my other previous blogs that contain Issues of Interest.

2011 - Andean Bears Wishbone and Annie lived most of their life exclusively on concrete.  Annie passed before my crusade.  One of the health issues that caused her passing was alleged hip and leg issues, preventing her from walking.  I crusaded for Wishbone to have grass patches added to his home.  Read more about my efforts.  The Zoo Management and Society Members FAILED him.  He passed away with full mental capacity.  Euthanized because he couldn't walk.  He literally pounded his bones to his death.  No One Cared this was happening.   http://projectgetwishbonegrass.blogspot.com/

2011 -  In putting together this list I end up glancing at past posts.  So many years later and same BS going on.  I just don't understand. <Sigh>  That said, I was told by people who had tried to get change at the Zoo in the 80s and another group in the 90s, no one with authority (read The City of San Francisco) would listen. 

This last post from 2012 caught my eye, as there was a text highlighting issue, which I again just tried to fix.  It mentions Wishbones plight, and also a couple quotes from my blog that appeared in a news article.  These quotes are still relevant and key to a near future blog post.  Keep in mind this was seven years ago and nothing has changed, especially in this regard. 

"So, new animals and humans, get bright, shiny, new and modern areas, while current animals continue to live status quo. I personally can not imagine being someone of authority in the Zoological Society and being able to sleep at night knowing I was forging ahead with plans that did not include helping the animals that already live there, before anything else," wrote a female blogger...

I continued to note,.. I will say that, Animal Care VP David Bocian who is the subject of this article, has been at the Zoo well over a year, and for someone being touted as caring about the Animals, how could he (along with Director Tanya Peterson, Curators Corinne MacDonald and Debra Marrin, as well members of the San Francisco Zoological Society and anyone else who holds authority there) let Wishbone live on concrete with known back/bone/joint issues, letting him to eventually die from those issues? 
Post in full:

2013/2015 -  I started this blog to post short snips, good and of issue.  It actually worked til I started to let go of posting every little thing.  Time was limited and the longer posts to this blog were energy and emotion draining.  I liked this Commentary style and will leave a Coming Soon post as I think I may want to get back to this style at some point.  Take a scan through and you will find much Zoo Friend cuteness, all the Birthdays when I was still noting each one, ...

HOT TOPICS! - Coming Soon!
2018
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011




No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.