Sunday, October 14, 2018

Survey and Quotes - What Other's Would Like To See Done At The SFZoo

In my previous post, I wrote about what I would want to see done at the Zoo.   The catalyst for posting those thoughts was hearing about yet another project that once again in my opinion did not support my feelings that the Zoo should Take Care At Home, meaning, do what's best for the Animals that already live there. I decided to take a poll.  Without going into detail about the new project, I asked people in my circle what they would want to see done at the Zoo.  Below are quotes from those I asked.  Some who work at the Zoo, some who used to.  Some who visit randomly, some who are Members.  Its been six months, so if anyone has additional thoughts to add, please contact me or add them via the survey. 

I am interested in hearing how others would answer, so please take (and share) my short Survey.  Five questions total, three are optional.  The Survey is completely Anonymous!  So, if you work at the Zoo and want to express yourself, you can do so confidently.  If you want your voice to be heard, I'd like to post your answers in an update of this post.  If you prefer not to have them public, write Private in the comment box for that question.  

What Projects Would You Like To See At The San Francisco Zoo?

"Building/Upgrading exhibits for Senior Residents. Constructing for Animals in behind the scenes holdings, so public can see them and they can get added Enrichment by people watching."

"Improve Bear and Cat Habitats, (and Chimps pending size of new areas).  They need more space and more naturalistic.  Combine some areas, or build new in undeveloped areas of the Zoo." 

"Conservation projects.  I'd like to see SFZoo as a Global Awareness Advocate like San Diego, and the Bronx Zoo.  I'm ashamed our big City Zoo isn't a prominent figure in Conservation, like SDZ and BZ.  ... Exhibit Updates."

"My big number one is signage: a single uniform style. includes: clear directional signs, eg, the way out of the parking lot. intelligent animal descriptions including age of species. taxonomy charts my group, eg, primates, carnivores. make the Zoo's organization by group transparent. AND a sign telling people where to exit from parkinglot!!! ... more art. more history, eg vintage engravings by species classifiers. ... non-reflective glass. ... plastic casts of skulls, as at grizzly bears. ... flight space for all birds, eg rebuild the short string & give the kookaburras a sunny home. ... swing space for siamangs. ... redesign Insect House as per Patrick's needs. ... BATS!!! ... reclaim that body of water from the duck-weed. ... restore the Wetlands — this will never happen, merely a fantasy!"

"Education.  More specific Education about SFZoo Animals.  Stronger Education about Wild Animals in Crisis." 

"Upgrade All, including Mothers Building"

"All for the Animals."

"After Update all, bring in Big Animals."

"Upgrades for all.  Build area to Rescue Lab Chimps. 200 are sitting in holding with no place to go."

"New Gorilla Habitat with and pool and more Enrichment.  Swinging and Climbing Equipment and space. ... Waste of money on new exhibit. They should turn down the money."

"Upgrade all. . Tram" 

"Take care of old exhibits and Animals first.  More Enrichment for the Animals."

"Upgrades to the Animals Exhibits , that Benefit the Animals!"

Thank you to everyone who gave me answers.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.