Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Well at Least the Unicorn has an Appropriate Home!

I'm not trying to be a bitch, or have no fun factor, BUT on the heels of my blog post, and the swirling questions, not only among Zoo Staff, but from people who have contacted me and asked about where Ollie the Orangutan is going live, *(see update at bottom of page) the fact that Teddy the new Tiger has no sign, not even one just saying he's new and the intended mate of Jillian (since they will probably sell this fourteen year olds name off), the fact that there are limited signs about Zoo Safety rules at code red Animal Barriers, THIS is how they choose to spend their time and energy!  Designing graphics of faux enclosures. 



Or and on this too, which I saw on display at the Zoo last week.  While Animals are in need of more enrichment, they are decorating floats for parades! ... It even has a barrier around it lol!  Poof! Mind blown!

Again, not trying to rain on anyone's parade or squash the fun, but when other things aren't optimum, you open yourself up for comparison criticism.

Look, I don't go looking for this stuff, seems they just have a knack for walking into it!

*Update ... Teddy now has
a sign! Didn't see one last week.  He has been on exhibit three weeks and was in  quarentine for a month so there really should have been on done his first day out. But yay good to see this. No name as suspected, he will be renamed I guess.


Be Kind. Lady Karma is Always Watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.