Monday, March 9, 2020

Visiting the Zoo During and After Coronavirus

The Zoo's Newsletter came through email on Friday. Notices from other places I go regularly, the Botanical Gardens and the Park as a whole, followed that same day.

I would have never written about the subject, but after reading this I did have a thought, as well a recent incident to share.

I think it's great for all public spaces to keep reminding people of best health practices.  My thought after reading all that was put forth, was information should be posted at entrance, and around the grounds.  Not everyone subscribes to the email Newsletter or is on any of their Social Media, and let's face it, these precautions don't come natural to most people. They need reminders.  These reminders keep us all safe.  The Zoo already has sandwich boards about other stuff, and since this is high level important, there is no reason they can't have some with notices about Coughing and Sneezing into your arm.  Not to Spitting on ground. Sanitizing after touching stuff.  Washing Hands.  ... Maybe they will.  Will see tomorrow.

Last weekend when the news put forth more heightened Coronavirus scares one of my first thoughts was about people coughing without covering their mouth while the Chimps were at the fencing.  With them being susceptible to the same things we are, I think its a valid concern, but I haven't confirmed that.  

Let's be real, people never cover their mouths, and its only gotten worse in the last few weeks. I find that completely nasty and rude.  They cough toward people, Animals, and even produce at the market! Hopefully things will get better and people will exhibit better sanitary practices when in public.  Unfortunately, I don't have much faith, and frankly I think people's lax attention to hygiene is part of why we are in the situation we are in.  Again, I hope this pounding of information sticks and we see a trend of best health practices in the future. 

In addition to the epidemic of people not covering their mouths, I also have seen multiple people spitting on the ground recently.  Last week, I witnessed the nastiest incident at the Farm.  This guy, spit on the ground, where the Animals walk, and then said to his kids, "come on, let's go wash our hands" !!!  Are you kidding me?  This guy spit his mucous on the floor of the Animals home and then is concerned about his family washing their hands.  I can't even with self-entitled attitudes like this. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.