Sunday, May 31, 2020

Petition: Governor Newsom - California Zoos Need To Open!

So yea, I still haven't let this situation go.  The reason for not allowing Zoos with a safety protocol in place to re-open is just not valid.

I have now made a Petition.  The Zoo Visitors of California should have a place to be heard.  We can't show our disapproval in mass physical action, like the beach goers, so I'm putting forth a louder voice than just this blog.  Will there be enough others to make any difference, who knows.  I often stand-alone, and I'm ok with that, as long as my voice is out there. 

I've done all the research I can on the situation.  I've shared all the information I have. I wish I had been in on the Lottery someone posted about on Twitter, that allowed select Members into the Zoo over the past few weeks.  It would be good to be able to document the safety protocols the Zoo has in place.  Ufortunately, even in a lottery, I am not someone they would select.  Therefore, the Zoo should take the opportunity to do a video or post photos, showing the changes that will be in place, once they are given the okay to re-open.  It would not only show Officials what they have done, and how they are going to monitor to control the environment, but also let Visitors know what to expect ahead of time. 

Below is the Petition Description and Link - If you're inclined, Please Sign, Share and ask others to do the same.  Any Zoo Staff interested, note that Signatures can be done using "Name Withheld"
 
 
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/243/675/497/governor-newsom-california-zoos-need-to-open

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Added for label purposes...
California Zoos include:
San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, Happy Hollow, Fresno, Folsom, Santa Barbara, Santa Ana, Living Desert, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.