Sunday, October 18, 2020

Maki - There's No Place Like Home!

I hadn't planned to write another post after Maki was safely home, but I thought I'd complete the series with the update that an arrest was made in Maki's kidnapping.  Most everyone should know by now, as it was a couple days ago.  Not many details have been released, I'm looking forward to hearing how this guy knew where to access the Lemur night quarters, if he had a connection at the Zoo, and what the motive was.  

I'm glad that I was online Thursday evening and following Maki's rescue and return to his caregivers, family and home.  Learning the news as it was coming in and documenting it in real-time was exciting.  No better feeling than to report wonderful news!

Aside from the obvious joy and relief that Maki was found safe, little James Trinh who spotted Maki outside his school, made me smile when he said, "Call The ZooKeeper!"  I'll never forget that line!

screencap from 
ABC7 news video

Praying Maki will recover from this traumatic experience with no lasting affects.  I was worried about Covid, and then hearing he was dehydrated, I worry about his Kidneys.   Seems like the kidnapper didn't give him any food or water.   My heart breaks for what he went through.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.