Thursday, March 31, 2022

Mask Requirement Enforcement At Snow Leopards - Update

I missed posting an update on the bullshit mask situation at Snow Leopards the week following my last post.  As usual, it’s just exhausting rehashing the same old thing, especially at this time in my life, which I've noted several times.  That said, while this is not something I really have the emotional stamina for, after fourteen years of caring about the Animals, I can't help get sucked into the BS after championing for so long.

My last two posts were in regard to my experiences on Saturdays, March 5 and 12th.  If you haven’t read them, you might want to, so you can get the full picture of what’s going on there.


March 5th visit

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2022/03/san-francisco-zoo-fails-to-issue.html


March 12th visit

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2022/03/zoo-staff-doesnt-dispatch-security-for.html


Update for Saturday March 19


So, it was interesting and curious in my opinion from the start.  When I got there, the head of security was at the gate house, acting as “ticket taker”.  The Zoo had been open for near an hour when I got there.  I went by Chimps first, then to Snow Leopards.  When I got there, no one was there monitoring the Mask Requirement for that area.  No surprise.  Also no surprise, not long after I got there, security showed up. I'm not going to say anything other than, I don’t believe in coincidence.


Security stayed there while I was there, but when I left and swung back through there about twenty minutes later, they were gone. Also noting that there was no one monitoring Chimps at either time I went by there.


The following Saturday, March 26, I got up to Snow Leopards about forty minutes after the Zoo opened.  There was no security, but someone did arrive not long after I did.  I was there for quite awhile and after leaving swung back and they were still there.  


When I went to Chimps, the head of security was monitoring that area, and was still there when I went back about a half hour later.


When I left I asked someone if posting someone at both Snow Leopards and Chimpanzees was now going to be a regular thing.  I was told it’s supposed to be, but on weekends only.  That’s progress but not enough, considering the risk and that human disregard is a constant.  The areas need to be closed, when there is no one to monitor them.


My other issue is not new, and something I have noted before in many previous posts.


Why does a member of the public, have to point out things that need to be done, when there are people drawing full-time paychecks to take care of things? 


It took two years for the Zoo to finally get proper signage at Chimps, and I posted about it many times. That only came after I made a plain and simple mock-up of what the signs should look like. Additionally, Cats in Zoos were among the first to get Covid, dating back to at least April 2020, yet not until the new Snow Leopard enclosure opened near two years later, do I remember there ever being Mask Required signs in that area.


Now, apparently, they are only posting people to monitor Snow Leopards, and Chimps, because I’ve complained about their lack of protecting the Animals, in this public forum.


I’m tired of doing people’s jobs for them.  Starting with Director Tanya Peterson, who should be overseeing that these things are done right from the start.  Alot of people there just collecting a paycheck, and seemingly not doing a whole hell of alot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.