Sunday, July 3, 2022

SFZoo Tweet Disrespects The Memory Of A Beloved Resident

For Cici ...

I don't follow or regularly look at the Zoo's Socials, because there is most often something that rubs me the wrong way.  This afternoon, this tweet came through under my San Francisco follow on Twitter.


I was horrified.  Then sad.  Followed by mad and disgusted. I am not alone in my feelings, as other's have reacted to me about this with the same upset. ... Among them, one saying, "Everything about this makes me mad, poor CiCi" and another, "Ugh, that's gross".

The Bird featured is Cici, a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, who passed away in late April.  In his mid-forties, Cici was a beloved member of the Farm Family, for at least thirty years, longer I think.  Using a photo of a passed Zoo Friend is not right.  And the use in this way is extremely disrespectful to Cici's memory and his service to the Zoo.  Who ever wrote this should be ashamed.  As someone who was lucky to know and love him, I am telling you how I feel.  How do you think this makes his Animal Staff Caregivers feel?  Your own co-workers?  

This post was in very poor taste, no pun intended.  Not only for the use of CiCi's photo, but for the use of any Bird Resident, in an advert for Chicken BBQ.  Good Grief have you no empathy or compassion?  Regardless of your own diet or position regarding eating meat, the Residents of the Zoo should not be used in reference to anything meat industry related.   

Like I said, I'm sad and mad.  This is truly heartbreaking and disturbing.   

Bless You Cici, You Are Loved and Missed.  I'm So Sorry My Friend.  You Didn't Deserve This.

Please enjoy this short video of precious Cici I took a few years ago.

https://youtu.be/5YCG7FkU2-A


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


1 comment:

  1. Loved the video of precious Cici. ❤️ I immediately thought that announcing BBQ chicken and showing Cici was in very poor taste. It was wrong on many levels. RIP sweet Cici.

    ReplyDelete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.