Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Falcor's New Home! - Photos and Video of New Komodo Dragon Home!

I'm FINALLY Getting A New Home!

I was so happy to hear Falcor's new home would be built in the old home of my precious beloved Zoo Friend Goober the Tapir.  I loved that guy and I love Falcor, so I'm very happy that Goobie can watch over Falcor.

I think originally a new space was going to be built out, but I'm glad they went this route. I'm a fan of repurposing areas and buildings that we already have.

For those that don't know, this blog (and my first one gooberssfzoofriends.blogspot.com) is named for Goober.  Too many people would call Goobie an Anteater, and I'd say to him something like, good grief Goob, they think you're an Anteater and he would say, I'm not an Anteater!  Gosh I miss that guy.


My Precious Goobie will be
watching over Precious Falcor :)
See Goober's Spirit Orb in the photo?!

I took photos every visit, so here's my attempt at a time lapse of the build.  It was quick, about four months.  First pix are of the outdoor yard and then the indoor space, followed by a video of the completed enclosure!  FINALLY!  Falcor's Appropriate Home!


Hopefully Falcor will move in soon, and this wonderful warm weather we've been having continues and he can make use of his outdoor yard!  So Happy for Falcor! He is going to have a wonderful Summer and Fall in that yard!  I don't mean to be picky but I hope there will eventually be some grass. ... His life is about to get so much better, shedding tears so I'll leave it at that!  

Please view the previous post about his wait for this new home.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Falcor and his name. I think the term Big Daddy is awful. Thank you so much for doing the video of his new enclosure. It's gonna be awesome. I love that it was Goobers old home too. Falcor is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andie - Thank you for your comment. Sorry so behind. ... Goobie is watching over Falcor. ... #FalcorForeverBigDaddyNever! That would actually make an awesome button!

    ReplyDelete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.