Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Some of the Reactions to my Snow Leopard Cub Handling Post

I think its important to share some of the reactions I've gotten to my previous post about the Zoo allowing random people to hold the Snow Leopard Cubs.  ...  I know that often Zoo Management reads my blog and probably thinks my opinions are invalid rantings.  They are not.  I always share my thoughts with people both inside the Zoo and out, and I'm rarely alone in how I feel about things.


"Your description of the events of Wednesday has brought me to more than tears. Close to sobs. That mama is CLEARLY upset over being removed from protecting her cubs. Shame on whomever made this decision! Mgmt I'm sure!"

"I appreciate your writings regarding the snow leopard cub handling.  As some people may honestly bear positive intentions and sentiments regarding the handling of the cubs, your points tend to be very correct and ought to be considered.  I admit that if I were offered an opportunity to pet one of the cubs, I probably would have.  However, your view has been a rather appropriate wake up call, and again, I feel is the proper protocol.   I also think that many would agree with you, either quietly or in silence."

"sounds bad. dont get it. your description of moms distress =  unconscionable!"

"Not only is it upsetting to the mama, it is spreading germs, disease, who knows what to the cubs!! How can they allow this?!?"

"I think that is awful! Lets hope their mama doesnt ignore them with all the strange smells on them. Or are they planning to relocate the mama to other Zoo and this way unbound them. Poor cats this has nothing to do with conservation ... sadly this seems business and money to lure in as many people. Before you know they tell stories mama ill or relocate cant be with babies ... makes me sad the power we humans have over zoo animals and they use it not to benefit the cats but to benefit the companies CEO wallet!"

"Wrong on so many levels!"

"No protection for the babies. These handlers probably have pets at home that could possibly cause germ/disease spread. When I socialized penguins they had me step into a bucket of water before going in with them so I didn't track disease into the enclosure"

"Anything for that GD almighty $$$. It's sickening."

"Is this normal? It doesnt seem right."

 It's Not Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.