Sunday, August 26, 2018

Update on Last Two Efforts - Gorilla Ndume & Snow Leopard Cubs

This might be a wrap-up for these two HOT TOPICs.  Going to try and move on to the other stuff I've had in draft.  

Gorilla Ndume (The Gorilla Foundation)

I got no response to any emails I sent for my efforts in the Ndume Letter Writing Campaign.  Neither did anyone else.  Writing to the AZA/SSP or any of their connected members, I didn't expect a reply.  My intention is always for awareness.  If you don't take any action, then no one hears your voice.  No ones hears the Animals voice.  ... One person who wrote to tell me an email address was no longer in use for someone I contacted said, "I can see why you would have concern for this Animal".  So I know my voice can have affect.  That's all that I can hope to achieve.  If it can affect someone who can help with change, that's a bonus. 

Yesterday I started a Petition for the crusade to help Ndume.  At this point, unless a media outlet takes the story, its all that any of us can do.  There is a high profile media podcast in the works, but no confirmation it will get to air.  Fingers crossed for that and thank you to the folks at Team Ndume for those efforts. 

The Petition is aimed at the Gorilla SSP Coordinator Kristen Lukas. She has been pointed out as the person who holds the future of all captive Gorillas in the AZA/SSP system.  She could have replied with an update on Ndume, but didn't.  Once it has a decent amount of signatures, I will send it to her.  Please Sign and Share the Petition.  There was a Petition four years ago that got almost four thousand signatures, so I have high hopes, but need help.  Ndume needs your help.  Thank you!
Demand  A New Home For Ndume, 
Koko The Gorilla's Surviving "Friend". \
He Lives Alone in a Trailer. 
No Place For a Great Ape!  



Snow Leopard Cubs (SFZoo)

The Snow Babies are doing great and out with their Mama all day except for a short break in the late morning.  You can view their progress in my weekly video posts on youtube.  I haven't gotten to posting last week's cuteness yet, but hope to by end of today.  I must also share our Babie Boy Mandrill, who is adorable!  I haven't written about him as he was lucky to have no controversy surrounding him!  You can view video updates for him too.  All the tinies are a joy to watch, I'm lucky to have the experience!

Snow Leopard Cubs First Day Out with their Mama

Mandrill Babie Playing, Swinging on Tree

As with my efforts to get awareness for Ndume, I also sent several letters, tweets, ect.  to those connected with Snow Leopards.  Of course no response.  I can only hope someone with authority put a stop to San Francisco Zoo Management allowing Non-Animal Staff (Volunteers and Members of the Public) handle the Cubs.  I haven't heard anything, so either since I made it public the Zoo is more careful to keep it covert and not on my radar or its stopped.  I hope the later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.