Sunday, December 13, 2020

Please Consider Helping The Chimpanzees At Wildlife Waystation Get To Their New Homes

I have followed the Wildlife Waystation for many years. I didn't know they were in trouble til news of their closing broke last Summer (2019). It seemed surreal that an established Sanctuary, in operation over forty years, would be closing.  That so many Animals the have called it home for so long, would need to find new homes.  My heart was breaking for them.  Sanctuaries are already at capacity limits, and most times, would require additional funding for habitat expansion to accommodate more residents.  This is exactly what has happened.  Over the last year, all the Animals have been re-homed, except the majority of the Chimpanzees.  There are now 32 Chimps, waiting to go to new homes.  These new homes have been identified at other Sanctuaries, but those facilities need funding to do builds to accommodate them.   

Everyone knows Chimpanzees are close to my heart.  I've visited our original three almost my whole life, and over the past tweleve years they have become an important part of my life.  

In 2013, a filmmaker from Australia contacted me after seeing a video on my YouTube channel of our male Cobby.  She inquired whether that could be the same Cobby she watched as a kid in a show called Cobby's Hobbies.  After many chats, she decided to make a Documentary featuring him. I contributed to the film in many ways.  One thing I had hoped was that I could locate the Chimp I watched as a kid on the show Lancelot Link, and that he could be a part of the film, the American counterpart to Cobby's that was shown exclusively in Australia.  

I was successful in locating "Lancelot Link", whose real name is Charlie "Chuckles".  Charlie was now living at the Wildlife Waystation.  I had already been following them and was happy to find him at a familiar place.  The folks there sent me photos and information about him, which I'm forever grateful.  When the filmmakers decided to come to California, I inquired if the Waystation owner would consider an interview for the Documentary.  I have read there has been some alleged controversy with the owner in relation to the Waystation closure, but her words in the Cobby movie are beautiful. I cried listening to her.  Thank you to Martine and Co. for the interview and for allowing a bit of Charlie in the film.

Because of my love for my Chimp Friends, for Charlie, who a friend adopted for me, (Thank you Joanne!), and for all the Chimpanzees I've come to know virtually, these 32 Chimps in need, are a worry for me.  I tear up just thinking about them and how their lives depend on public funding.  I made a video plea in an effort to help them.

I made this video at the end of October but per usual I didn't get it out promptly.  I hate that I take so long to follow through on things, but these Chimps have been waiting longer.  

If you want to hear me talk about alot of what I wrote here, and see our Chimps (filmed it while visiting them), here's the link. 


So, while I may procrastinate, I am a believer that everything happens in the time frame its supposed to.  Now, all donations will be doubled!  So it seems that my timing is the perfect time!  

Here is the post I saw today from NAPSA (North American Primate Sanctuary Alliance) If you don't already follow their page, please do.  They do great work on behalf of Primates for years, especially advocating against the use of Primates in Entertainment.  


Please visit this link to Donate.

https://primatesanctuaries.org/chimps-in-need/

Please share the above link, and/or my video, on all your social networks, and let's help get these Chimps to their new homes!

Thank You!


 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.