Friday, December 11, 2020

Current Zoo Shutdown - More Exemption BS!

This is basically a part-two to my previous post, where I expressed my thoughts and feelings about the Zoo Shutdown as of last Sunday, the last day it was open before closing.

So, then came Monday (Dec 7).  When I'm out I listen to talk radio, where I get my news during the day.  I had not read the full Shutdoor Orders, so I was extremely surprised and in a WTF spin, when I heard that Malls were allowed to be open.  Even though I was muttering about it all day, I still felt speechless.

I can't even with this.  There is clearly bias going on as to how businesses are categorized, and/or the exemptions allowed.  Money must be talking because how else is allowing inside Malls to be open, when the Zoo, an outdoor facility can't be.  

So, we can go to the Mall, in addition to the "essential" stores, like the Markets and Target, be inside, with no Distancing happening at all, yet we can't go to the Zoo.  Admittedly, and documented in this blog, the Zoo can do better with protocols, BUT that does not mean they are doing any less than others, and it is the safest place I go.  In stores, people are buzzing aout the aisles, almost up your ass, brushing against you as they pass by or reach over you.  It's risky behavior, but stores do not monitor the Distancing or the Mask wearing.  Yet an outdoor environment, where you can get away from people not complying, is off limits.  

By Wednesday, the State had bowed to the whining public, and announced that Playgrounds would be allowed to open.  WHAT?!!

How is this even possible?  First of all, Playgrounds seem like they would be petri dishes for a Pandemic.  Having hypersensitive good hygiene issues pre-Covid, my brain works in such a way that it follows what I call the path of contamination.  So, if a kid sneezes on a railing, then another kid comes up and touches it, then puts their hands in their mouth or up their nose, there you have possible contamination.  I'm not a Parent so maybe this is an ok comfort level that I just don't get.   

Out of everything, allowing Playgrounds to open seems to go against protocols put upon the Zoo in July, that required all the high touch points, to be covered or caustioned off.  Now it's a free for all at the Monkey Bars.    This seems outrageous and reckless.

That all said, in addition to the Animals, the Zoo is a Botanical Garden and it has a huge Playground, that even when the Zoo reopened, was not allowed to be open.  This makes no sense.

It would be one thing if the Health Department was basing its decision to close Zoos on Animal Welfare but they are obviously not concerned with Human to Animal Transmission.  If they were, the Great Ape Yard would have been a focal point for ReOpening protocol in July and it would have had signage, a protective barrier, and the path possibly closed.

FYI the barrier at Chimps that I have posted about, most recently in the post dated... has been redone.  Whoever built this new frame did a great job.  The choice of material is still a curious point.  The weird and sloppy first rendition had a mesh tarp folded, this one is one layer, so basically not a barrier of protection.  Don't get why clear sheeting isn't considered.


So what nonsense exemptions will the State allow this coming week? ... ??? What I do know is No Masker Jerks will still be allowed in the Park and elsewhere for their excercise.  Walking, Jogging, Biking, breathing out possible asymptomatic aerosol particles, with no repercussion, yet those of us who get our excercise at the Zoo have no where to go to be around nature, unless we want to go to Park and walk through the obstacle of aerosol Health Assault.  The State and City Governments need to crack down and start giving citations. If they had back in April when after a few weeks it was apparent self-entitiled shits weren't complying, we wouldn't be in this mess nine months later.  Big Fail.  

All this said, it will be outrageous if this Shutdown goes past three weeks.

Previous post

http://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2020/12/new-our-second-zoo-shutdown.html?m=1

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.