Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Former SFZoo Elephant Lulu Turns 57 Years Old, Oldest in North America

Lulu, one of four Elephants who lived at the Zoo, celebrated her 57th Birthday on February 10th.  She is now the oldest African Elephant in North America.  

Happy Birthday Lulu!

screencap from PAWS video

Lulu has been living a wonderful life at PAWS Sanctuary since 2005.  They had a celebration for Lulu's birthday, which was documented on their social platforms, and by media.  

See this link to their Instagram video from the event.


One of the news articles I liked the best...


https://www.uniondemocrat.com/news/article_ff0afe3a-af19-11ed-949a-fbcbdaa7d68e.html

I grew up visiting our magnificent Elephants, and feel lucky to have had them be a part of my life.  This is one of my photos of Lulu from decades ago, that's been on display in my home for a very long time.  


It's been comforting to keep up with Lulu, since her move.  Seeing photos and video of Lulu with her Elephant friends is a beautiful thing.   PAWS is a great place and I'm thankful to them for taking such great care of Lulu for over eighteen years now.  


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2 comments:

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.