Sunday, May 14, 2023

Tikal Photos! - Jaguar Enjoying His New Home

A friend of mine was lucky enough to see Tikal, our new Jaguar.  She let me share her photos. Thank you Grace!  Aside from one in the email newsletter, I haven't seen any of him in his SFZoo enclosure, so this is a treat!  I can't wait to see him myself!  

Hi Tikal!

She said, he is gorgeous, and was interested in seeing his neighbor Raj, the male Snow Leopard.  She was surprised by how much of his tail is missing.  I mentioned in a previous post, without going into detail that he and the female in Sacramento didn't get along.  What I didn't say, but will now be obvious, was that she actually bit his tail off.  I felt very sad for him hearing that. Poor guy. Thankfully he survived that attack.  

After seeing my friends photo of his tail, it's shorter than even I imagined.  The female really did a number on him.  I hope we don't acquire her.  He don't need to see her ever again, even through caging.

I also hope I never see a Jaguar tail being hauled out for education.  That would be in severe poor taste.  I've seen docents in the past stand right in front of the Snow Leopards with a tail, and it's disturbing.   Recounting that now reminds me of the time, the Lion paws were brought out and the cart keepers held it up so people could high five it.  It was disrespectful and horrifying.

Hoping I see him tomorrow.  I love him already and have affectionately dubbed him our sweet Bobuar 😊   

Check back here tomorrow evening, I aim to get video of him to share and if I do will link it here.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.