Friday, June 23, 2023

The Bison Paddock - Yet Again With No Apparent Working Sprinklers

So, I've written about this too many times, and pretty sure I said I was done the last time, but maybe I just told myself I was done.  That said, the last few weeks I've watched the meadow get lighter and lighter in some spots, with a two portions turning full on brown.  So here I am documenting this again.

For those who haven't followed this bullshit situation, the synopsis is...

The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is responsible for the grounds (including the perimeter fence) of the Bison Paddock.  They have failed to keep the irrigation system that provides water to the sprinklers in the main meadow and from the looks of it, the back meadow as well.  The meadows were left void of water for at least two years straight, when I started documenting last year, which at the time had the meadows completely void of green landscaping.  Bison are grazing animals and need to have healthy vegetation to graze on as part of their natural behavior.  It is cruel to deny them of this.  Note that the Bison are cared for by the San Francisco Zoo.  There is no issue with their care.  The Keepers provided the Bison with supplemental food during that time, placed throughout meadow, in addition to the daily diet they are fed.

I saw the Rec and Park working in the main meadow last year, either late summer or fall.  Upon inquiry, they said the irrigation system was being fixed.  Work was extremely slow, but it halted, I assumed it was fixed.  The rains came and the main meadow turned green, except for the extensive patch of dirt where the work was being done.  So, obviously the Rec and Park did not re-seed that area as they were allegedly supposed to.  

So the green landscape continued until the rain stopped.  It is now very clear that the sprinkler system is still not working and any green that grew was thanks to Mother Nature, not the SF Rec and Park.

My video documentation:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JCgxfUFzG2M&feature=share


For previous posts on this subject, use blog search and keyword "bison"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.