Monday, October 2, 2023

Is It Good Management To Let The Outside Of The Zoo Look Like This? Hell No!

I got out to the Zoo today for short hobble around.  Will make another post after this one about Animal updates, so check back later or tomorrow.  

Like my previous post about the Bison, several months ago I also threw my hands in the air and said I was giving up on documenting the damn perimeter fence situation.  Alas, I can not.  

How is it possible that anyone in the San Francisco Zoological Society, or the Recreation and Park Department (the supposed managing entities), think Director Tanya Peterson is doing a good job, when she has failed (for fifteen years!) at something so basic as keeping the outside of the Zoo in good condition and attractive to and for Visitors?

I haven't been to the Zoo in over two months, who knows how long it's looked like this.  When the graffiti that read, "Zoos Are Animal Prisons", was there, it took me alerting staff a week after I'd seen it.  Again, who knows how long that was there.  

This was the sight today.  Video in link after photo.

https://youtube.com/watchv=GkIjEGl95xo&si=tZjoRP6ozcTx0NwZ

Inside the Zoo, I spied this craziness.  

I say craziness because it's a real friggin' head shaker that this fence was painted.  Not just that it was painted, which in itself is enough, but painted when it seemed perfectly fine as is, the same wood as other fences, but that it was painted like this.  It's a Zoo, not Cirque Du Soleil.  I got nothing much against the artwork, but just not for the Zoo.  It should be nature themed, Animals, Flowers, not big bright colored shapes.  

So that's my opinion on the look of the paint job in relation to it's appropriate factor in a natural setting, which doesn't even begin to express the lack of appropriate it is to think this is a good idea, good use of funds?, just plain have any thought about this fence, when you got a shit show on the perimeter fence that leads into the Zoo.  

Shame on Director Peterson, yet again for bad management, and the Zoological Society and Recreation and Park Dept for supporting her as someone who can handle managing our San Francisco Zoo.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.