Saturday, February 3, 2024

Post Set-Backs? Hopefully Not! - Plus Some Fossa Fun!

Slowly but surely as the saying goes, I'm getting to posts.  Got another set of days in, and maybe, hopefully, I'll make some progress. Seems more trying than doing, but again, it takes alot out of me to do them, and even more to get psyched up for it.  I just don't want to, but it seems caring about something so deeply, and seeing it wronged, instills a drive that doesn't wane, even after a dozen plus years of writing about it.

After the last post I made a short list of posts to do, to get me caught up and to those damn Madagascar posts I've been talking about for years.  Yea, the one's that pretty much define all that's wrong with current management.  Current management being those three cogs of authority, Zoo Director Tanya Peterson, the Zoological Society, and the Rec and Park Dept. 

Anyway, that list had a handful of posts.  Easy to get through, and I figured I had it in me for this weekend.  After my visit yesterday, that list went from four to ten, pushing my long overdue updates to previous posts to the bottom of the list.  The culprit, something that ignited all those swirling thoughts rooted in mismanagement... wants over needs, lack of fundraising, misuse of funds when there is some, basically, no friggin' clue how to run our Zoo for it to thrive at it's optimum and setting a course for it to thrive into the future.

I woke up a bit ago, not thinking about blogging, resting in bed, watching old videos on YouTube from a band I hung with in the 80s.  Then all of a sudden Zoo stuff popped into my mind and now I'm thumb typing this post on my tablet.  

As I said, I was all set to push those updates to the end, but I've been doing that for a couple months, as more current irritations surfaced.  So while I was all set for that, I think I just have to get those done first.  Believe me, my mind is swirling and in need of getting out the upset at what I came across yesterday that got me going, hopefully I can get to it all in a decent time frame.  Who knows, but I really need these overwhelming thoughts lifted soon.  It's a new year and like I wrote last month, it's this year or never!  That said, for me, "this year", means sooner than later. 

So, I apologize that for a bit the posts may not flow, but when I get to a certain point, I will link them in a good flow.  Remember, the main mission of this blog is documenting, the finale goal is illustrating what is now sixteen years of mismanagement by San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson.

For your time (reading my ramblings) and pleasure, here's a video from yesterday.  After not visiting for almost two months, I had two great visits this week with wonderful Zoo Friend moments. Yesterday, I captured some good footage of Violet the female Fossa.  It's a bit long, lighting gets screwy, and I'm in the MADagascar Center of Craziness (haha just made that up!), so you know there's cranky commentary.  At least give the beginning a view to see Violet 😊

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EKCtiIqv9ZQ&si=BvQGJwEoLcUm40-P

video screencap ... sniffing through wood wool, close face, tongue and toothers!

Previous Post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2024/01/januarys-posts-truths-about-zoo.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.