Sunday, January 28, 2024

January's Posts - Truths About Zoo Director Tanya Peterson

If anyone has read the four posts I've made so far this year, it will seem like I'm bashing our Zoo Director, Tanya Peterson. I honestly don't think anyone but Director Peterson will see it that way.  The majority of those who work there, who have worked there, and who care about the Zoo, know everything I've written has been honest detailing of what's gone on at our San Francisco Zoo.  I have been vilified by Peterson, by certain staff, and docents, for what I've written.  That's okay, as long as I know that I'm speaking the truth, I don't have a problem with what other people's perception is of me, I never have.  I will never stop being a voice for the Animals and Zoo, and allow the voices of the people who wear rose-colored glasses to perpetuate the Director's mismanagement that has led to Animal Welfare issues and destroying our Zoo in too many ways.  That would allow the illusion that those in power are doing their jobs, and that is simply not true.  

This post didn't happen in the time frame I had hoped, which was closer to the last post, two weeks ago, but I think it's important before I proceed with any further posts, that will surely be in the same vein.  Oh well, I do what I can, when I can.  I'm just really tired of the same old thing.  One of my peeves in life is repeating.  Rehashing, Redoing, anything that involves monotony of bullshit.  And frankly what's been allowed to happen to our Zoo under the direction of Tanya Peterson, is bullshit.  None of it would have happened if the management system supposedly in place, was working as it should.  It has not for at least the fifteen years that I have been monitoring the Zoo.  Fifteen years ago I was 45.  So yea, now it's become a weight I need to be lifted.  I will continue to note things I find an issue, but the same old things, and dealing with a management structure that fails, is so old.  

The management structure I speak of includes Director Tanya Peterson, The San Francisco Zoological Society, and the San Francisco Recreatioin and Park Department.  I think I've mentioned this before, but I have a post in draft that is meant to outline the responcibility of each of those entities, and their fails.  I've had the post, Pyramid Of Power, queued up in a post list for at least four years.  For the purpose of this post, I'll note things in brief, but the in full version will still come in that post.  To sum it up a bit though, the structure has failed to operate as it is intended.  The fails within the Zoo, fall on Director Peterson and that is the name that will keep popping up in my posts, but the blame is also on the Zoological Society & Rec and Park for not doing their jobs and defering to Peterson because they just don't care, and are too lazy to be involved with the Zoo past cocktail parties.  Again, not meaning to bash, but it's the reality.

Speaking about reality.  Since I haven't gotten to the post that I've been meaning to with each new year, basically listing all the fails of the year, and in more recent years, listing every year since Director Peterson has take the reigns, I'll mention a few here.  You can look forward to the full exposure in a future post, currently titled, List Of Offenses.  These are the top Offenses that come to mind, not in any particular order, as they are all offensive.  For more detail, search this blog in upper left corner for words in quotes. ...

*Trying to kick out our Senior "Chimpanzees", their home of near fifty years.

*Acquiring "Orangutans" with no place to house them, keeping them in caged tubes.

*Keeping "Komodo Dragon" in a terrarium, a space too small for him to even turn around in.

*Keeping "Andean Bear" on concrete, allowing his bones to break-down so badly he had to be euthanized, while otherwise mentally and physically healthy. 

Director Peterson has failed in her job to do right by the Zoo, the place she has been tasked to manage the last fifteen years.  I don't say these things to be a bitch or be mean, I say them because I've been watching a place I've cared about my whole life being destroyed for the last fifteen years.

People would laugh, but I seriously think I could run the Zoo better than Tanya Peterson.  I have never had career ambition, but my passion for the Zoo, makes me confident I could.  That passion, along with my empathy for Animals and my ability to learn from those who know things I might not, gives me three up on Peterson.  In addition to having no Animal related qualifications, she doesn't care about the Animals or the Zoo.  If I was going to make just one Case and Point to support that, it would be the acquisition of the Orangutans.  At least I care and over the last fifteen years have learned about the Animals that live there, and used my brain to think of how to make the Zoo better, and thrive each day and into the future.  Director Peterson, may have social and financial standing that looks good on paper, but she has shown no care and action to do the job righteously.  While it's infuriating and frustrating, at the root, it's just downright sad. 

The Zoo is crumbling, like the fence that surrounds it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.