Saturday, February 3, 2024

What Set Me Off Yesterday - The Commentary In Videos

So, as the day is slipping away... I was just up getting food, and thoughts came to mind.  For some reason my mind flows best when I'm in the kitchen, maybe it's the sound of water?  Anyway, I had the thought to just post the commentary videos I made yesterday (note they are listed as Jan 2024 by mistake).  Unfortunately, there are four.  I feel like I gave a tease in the previous post to things I might not say fully in posts in a timely manner.  While when I do, it will then be a bit of a rehash, weaved into even longer winded commentary, but that's ok.  I know there's probably people reading who have followed along for years, and like me are just tired of it all.    If you are one of those people, thank you for caring enough about our Zoo Friends and our Zoo, to still check out what I've got to say.  

Continuing to express how I feel about the situation, even when alot is repetitive, is my prerogative and it's your prerogative not to read or watch, but I appreciate those who do.  And if Director Peterson, anybody in the Zoological Society, on the Board, or in the Rec and Park, happen to be reading or watching,  then you know what, ... You've had sixteen years managing the Zoo, you should have done better.  It should be no surprise, myself and others are all just really pissed off.

Here are the videos,  including information, opinions and a bit of rambling.  I'll include a few notes and the length, as a couple are a time investment.  I appreciate those who stick with it, but also know it's alot to listen to me gripe, especially all in one sitting!  They were meant to have been sprinkled into a few different posts (and might still be), I don't expect anyone to spend a continuous chunk of time on this.  

*New Madagascar Plan ... Thumbs Down From Me (11:37)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=d_edOH_mfKk&si=rt9wguyoAuk05GZp

Ok, so first!  This is what set me off.  This damn Madagascar debacle.  I don't know how long this new plan diagram has been up, because I hadn't been to the Zoo in almost two months.  So after five+ years of the same one up with multiple different times through the years with no one really knowing what's going on with the Pit, this took me by surprise.  And while standing there my brain was in a tizzy trying to comprehend the layout, which for some reason I always have a problem grasping.  I mostly wondered if there was an indoor viewing of the Tortoises for days when the weather is not in line with their needs. Upon a second look it seems there might be (a very small one), but who knows. I didn't really talk to anybody about the whole plan, which at first glance is awful in my opinion, so have had no discussion other than asking a quick question to someone passing by, and they didn't know.  

*Orangutan Overview Feb 2024 (5:12)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=67L2jhcWZGY&si=13HM6PLJvxC_vMNH

Next I did a current complain rehash about Triple Grotto and the poor Orangutans.  It's important, as their journey here completely illustrates the lack of care by Director Peterson.  Her "want" to have them, took priority over what their "needs" would be, and she brought them here anyway, without having an appropriate enclosure for them.  Their housing situation the first eight months here, in my opinion really messed them up.

*Upcoming Art Installation Feb 2024 (4:30)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nC1XvVsM1K4&si=GoWLwTxcRBtde3Vv

Every time one of these pops up, it irks me that money is being spent on non-Animal things.  

*Gorilla Trek VR Feb 2024 (1:09)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DZV9YrHBwas&si=7JnruWTqb53clytO

Yet another thing that is not an Animal related improvement or a live Animal acquisition.  It's like that damn zipline.  The Zoo bought that dumb contraption, and what a waste of money.  I'd like to know the numbers on this.  How much is it costing, versus how much money is it bringing in?

We don't need Art Installations, VR stuff, or anymore Gardens!  We need a better home for the Orangutans, the netting over Flamingos to be completed, netting over Meerkats and Prairie Dogs, Enclosures for Animals being kept off exhibit, Animals at the Walkabout, Monkeys!.............

On occasion I pull quotes from shows or movies.   I had this line in my notes.  There is no reference point, so maybe it's my own?  It may very well be, because as the only member of the public who is vocal, I have felt this way for a very long time. Anyway, it's the truth.  

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." 

Previous Post: 

(Includes some commentary on the Baobob tree in the MADagascar Center of Craziness)

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2024/02/post-set-backs-hopefully-not-plus-some.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.