Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dinosaurs at the Zoo! ... there should be.

I have long thought that the older unused exhibits across from the Bairds Tapir and former Grey Seal enclosures would make a wonderful site for some Dinosaur sculptures.  The train runs right by there so it would be perfect.   Everyone loves Dinosaurs and having them peer out from there would be awesome.  It would sure be a better (cheaper) way to add something for Children than spending money on a new playground.

I went to the Conservatory of Flowers (Golden Gate Park) a couple months ago, when they first opened their current exhibit featuring Dinosaurs.  I liked it and thought the Dino's there would be great for my idea, if the Zoo could get them.  The Recreation and Park is a managing partner to the Zoo, so the connection is already there.  As well, I asked a few people there and they said that there were no current plans for the Dino's once the Conservatory exhibit was done.  I have been lax in this posting, so "current plan" may not still be the present plan, but if these Dino's were still an option, the Zoo might want to think about trying to acquire these sculptures.

Anyway, just a thought.






Read more about the Conservatory if Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.