Friday, October 4, 2013

My Zoo Outtings - Weekly Synopsis 10.4.13

October 4, 2013 -  Thought I'd post this News Article on the Zoo's Gorilla Babie, since the Zoo rarely posts anything.  There are some nice photos of the Infant :)  ... Posted today to sfgate.com

October 3, 2013 -  All the Ruddy Ducklings have moved from the Aviary back to the Childrens Zoo Pond.  See if you can spot them, they are almost as big as their Parents!



October 2, 2013 - For Cobby Lovers!  There is now a Facebook Page for his Fans/Friends :)  Some of you might not know, but our Cobby once had his own TV Show called Cobby's Hobbies.  It apparently aired only in Australia and a Fan from Oz who remembers it and him fondly started this page :)   Please check it out!   https://www.facebook.com/groups/665164853494278/ 

We love our Cobby!  So, I have donated some photos of Cobby to the page owner, not only to share, but as the Zoo sent her a photo of Cobby that was actually Minnie.  ... Things that make you go HUH?!

You can also learn more basics about Cobby on a post I made in 2009 when I was first learning about the Zoo Friends:  (as well search his name on all my other blogs :)

October 1, 2013 Our Skylar/Leanne is a Grandma!  The London Zoo announced that their Female Melati gave birth to a Male Cub on September 22!  The Father is one of our Cublets, Jae-Jae, from Leannes first litter in 2008 :)  You can view the Birth, captured live on their Den Cam.

Jae-Jae moved to London Zoo from Akron in October 2012, to meet his new mate Melati :)  One year later we have a Cubbie!  Congratulations to Jae-Jae and Melati!  And to London Zoo, as they are as well Grandparents, Melati's Papa Hari was the last Cub born there.  ...  It would be sweet if they named it after one of its Grandpa's.  I don't know about Hari, but Jae-Jae's Papa Bali passed last year, so it would be a wonderful tribute to an Awesome Tiger.

Search Jae-Jae on my other blog, for more info and link to photos and video of he and Melati.


> September 30, 2013 - Saw Mama Peahen and her chick today :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.