Friday, March 7, 2014

My Zoo Outtings Synopsis- Sunday March 2, 2014


Since I was behind and only one post during week of 2.17-2.23, I am posting synopsis of two weeks.


> March 1, 2014 - Zoo Friend Birthday Today!
Happy Birthday Trent!

(My bad, I didn't upload this on Saturday :(  Sorry Sweetie!)

> March 1, 2014 - Happy National Pig Day!
Happy National Pig Day to
My Sweet Friends Tiki and Kai!
(Kune Kune Pigs :)

About Pig Day from Wiki:  National Pig Day is an event held annually on March 1 in the United States to celebrate the pig. The holiday celebration was started in 1972 by sisters Ellen Stanley, a teacher in Lubbock, Texas, and Mary Lynne Rave of Beaufort, North Carolina. According to Rave the purpose of National Pig Day is "to accord the pig its rightful, though generally unrecognized, place as one of man's most intellectual and domesticated animals." The holiday is most often celebrated in the Midwest.

> February 27, 2014 - Happy International Polar Bear Day!
Happy International Polar Bear Day to 
My Precious Polar Girls Ulu and Pike!

International Polar Bear Day at the San Francisco Zoo...

Once again the Zoo failed to give mention to an Animal Awareness Day.  I waited til the end of the Zoo day to post this, because I knew they wouldn't disappoint me.  Sadly, its not me that I am disappointed for, but for our Polar Bears, who deserve to be Celebrated on this Day, as Ambassadors for their Wild Cousins who face quite a plight.  Part of the Zoo's Mission is to "Advance Conservation Action".  What does that mean when they don't Recognize and Educate on these Awareness Days?

> February 17, 2014 - Marabou Stork Nest Has Three Eggs!
See all the nesting action in my Video: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.