Friday, July 3, 2020

Is The San Francisco Health Officer Killing The Zoo? Pt One (Video Rant)

This past week was probably the toughest of the Shutdown yet. 

Last Thursday, things were looking up.  San Francisco Mayor London Breed visited the Zoo and gave the go ahead for the Zoo to Re-Open, this past Monday June 29. The next day, the City Health Officer Tomas Aragon turned my smile to a frown once again, calling for a delay in Re-Opening.  

So, while this week would hayve been a time for me to finally get to see My Zoo Friends, instead I was back out among the masses of asses who give the middle finger to the rules, and therefore who are keeping SF in this limbo indefinitley.  The Self-Entitled are essentially preventing the Zoo from Re-Opening, by contributing to case spikes that are the data the Health Officer is using to make his decisions.  That said, his decisions in my opinion are not justified.  

From the onset of this crisis I have been disturbed, frustrated and frankly pissed off at people's F-you behavior in regard to doing what's right.  This week has brought on a new level of irritation.  I hate being in a manic and angry mode the whole time I'm out, but the No Maskers and No Distancers, and the allowance of this both outside and inside stores by the Health Officer, while the Zoo remains closed and in financial jeopardy, is a real problem for me.

I have a longer post in draft I will finish in the next day or so, as I'm trying to stay calm from yesterday's high energy outting, seeing less and less people doing the right thing.  For today, I'm doing this short post to link the video I made yesterday.  I made this video, as a "Trailer" to my blog post, but it turned out to be a long rant, that will leave no one wondering how frustrated I am about this situation!

A couple notes about my rant.  First, I am trying not to swear in the rants I use to send Officials.  Anyone who knows me, knows the F-word is my most commonly used word.  I think at my age and the level of human behavior frustration I've had in the last decade has sent it into overdrive.  Anyway, in that effort, at one point in my video I say, "I don't give a hell".  Well, I don't know what the hell that even means because I never said those words before in my life lol! I was trying to avoid saying I don't give a shit, and who knows what detour my brain took. ... Second, I mention, "... the Zoo isn't creative ..."  I also follow that with saying I know the Zoo will have an issue with that.  I am not trying to pass judgement with that statement, making myself a target for retaliation, but I was being serious, as I have for years thought of great ideas to bring in funds, as well through this whole shutdown been thinking of new things.  Other than one fundraiser, which I think was sent to a mis-targeted audience, I have not seen any other efforts to raise funds come out of the Zoo, except for asking for donations.  So, it was said as a factual frustrating observation.  

That all said, this past week did see this Zoo finally start an online store and finally make a custom face mask with logo.  I have been waiting for them to do Pandemic related items for over three months.  They missed most of the Shutdown T-Shirt fundraising opportunity time, and now a bit late, but at least they are finally in the mask game. In addition to my own original shop idea, I have wondered for many years why the gift shop didn't have an online store.  Please visit their store and see the Masks!  I especially liked that they had Toddler sizes as too many kids not wearing masks, or even those bucket hats with face shields.  Everyone not an infant should be covered in some way.

Related Posts



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.