Sunday, August 16, 2020

SFZoo Re-Opening - Reservations - Member Hour Suggestion!

I totally forgot to include something in my UnMasked post.  Since I had mentioned how crowded it feels most days by noon, thought I'd throw out the suggestion of having a daily Member hour from 9-10a.  I read a couple weeks ago that Oakland Zoo was doing this, and thought it was a great idea.  

I know the Zoo 's first thought is they probably don't want to pay for extra Staff for that one hour, but some are already there, and if it's Members only, there should be some level of assuming they would behave?  I know during the Shutdown they allowed select Members in, as well as some Bicycle Riders?, early morning, which I'm not sure what that allowance was about, but point is, there was no extra Staff during those times, so during the suggested Member hour, it seems like it would be no different.

Being able to go in and walk around for exercise, which many Members do incorporate into their Zoo visits, without having to battle crowds or the UnMasked assault, would be nice.  

The other day I read that SFZoo would start doing a 9:30a slot on weekends only.  I don't normally go on weekends, but had one planned, that I was going to reserve today.  Ended up getting 10a, as the Reservations opened earlier than noon (I checked it at 11a and already open).  Would have liked that extra half hour, especially on a weekend day.

Note to Zoo ... Please try and be accurate to the advertised Noon Reservation start time.  Last week there was a day when it didn't open up til 4p, and then today who knows what time earlier it was, but even second slot was on last tickets available at 11a.  Some people count on trying for certain times, but when it doesn't open up at the time expected, that could potentially leave someone without, by no fault of their own.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I like to have photos in my posts, for preview when sharing.  So I'll share this one I took on Re-Opening Day of Mandrill lady Lulu and her new precious babie girl Tatu.  Born during the Shutdown this was my first sighting of her.  Now four months old, she is jumping all over and giving her two year old brother Kiburi some tree acrobat competition!  Will be fun when they start playing together.

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.