Friday, April 15, 2022

AZA Refuses To Respond To Accreditation Status

So, before I move on to other posts, I'm going to post this follow-up to last weekend's wonder that is, the status of the San Francisco Zoo's AZA (Association of Zoos and Aquariums) Accreditation.

I made additional attempts early this week to reach the AZA Accreditation contact Cheri Bermudez without success.  Getting a reply from the AZA isn't ever a given, but I have received previous responses from Ms Bermudez, so I had hoped for an answer to a very simple question.  Apparently confirming the Zoo's status with their organization is too hard for her or it's as it often seems, there are too many secrets and a lack of transparency in Zoo World.

My own further pondering has left me with two possible scenarios.  Regardless, all the wondering and lack of clarity could have been a non-issue if Ms Bermudez would have just had the courtesy to answer a simple question. I find it completely irritating and ridiculous when someone cant answer a simple question, even if it's to say I can't answer that.

Scenario: Zoos whose accreditation was up for renewal (accredited status thru March 2022) may have a lapse in determination?  There is a meeting taking place next week.  I don't know enough about the meetings, but maybe the accreditation team meets at them to decide on re-accreditation status.

Scenario:  I had followed Erie Zoo's re-accreditation process last year.   After inspection they were denied.  They were given a fix list and thirty days to appeal, while still allegedly maintaining accreditation thru that time frame.

So, that's all I got.  I'm expecting news out of the Zoo or a change in status on the AZA website as of May 1st.

Previous Post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2022/04/did-san-francisco-zoo-lose-its-aza.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.