Saturday, September 2, 2023

My Concerns About The Strength Of The Petition

It's been a heavy week for me, and thus it's now a week since my last post.  That said, I have not only had follow-up thoughts about the Petition since my last post, but a few other Zoo issues have come to my attention in the past day.  These issues are not only bad, but sad.  After talking to a friend about them, I hung up and felt tears welling up.  Our Zoo is literally dying at the hands of Tanya Peterson.  Will anyone help save it?

While I believe in Petitions, this one is still curious to me.  When I have done Petitions, the site I used, had a different format.  That format included two things missing in this one, who the Petition is targeted at, and the list of signatures.  In my opinion, both these things seem necessary for the Petition to go any further than just garnering signatures.

Aside from making up an anonymous tag as the person who started it, there is no one targeted as the recipient of the Petition.  Is the Petitioner asking Tanya Peterson directly to resign?  Has the Petitioner sent this to Tanya Peterson?  Does the Petitioner want the Zoological Society to ask for her resignation? Has this been sent to the Zoological Society?  To the Rec and Park?  Or as it appears, is the Petitioner asking the signers, public, staff, et al to make this demand?  The Petitioner needs to post an update that clairifies their plan and goal.

The other thing that makes the Petition feel like it could be less impactful is that all signatures aren't shown.  On the Petition site I've used, every signature is visible, with anonymous signatures listed as, "name withheld".  The Petition currently has 637 signatures, but only the 12 with comments show.  So, that's 625 signatures that we are left to assume are anonymous.  I have been told that alot of staff are signing.  Having those signatures listed and noted as name withheld, with location and option to comment, in my opinion is important to the legitimacy of that tally.

In light of the amount of signatures, I plan to try and get everything I have in draft and new items, posted, to capitalize on any progress this Petition could result in.  I unfortunately don't think there will be much, just because of how this Petition was set-up and especially the lack of a face to it.  Both seem like things that would prevent it from having legs.  Hopefully I'm wrong and the Petitioner has a plan.

That said, as usual, I may be the only one working for this effort.  I'm in pain with the sciatica, and can't sit up long to type on computer, so I'm writing with thumbs on the tablet.  At least I'll be trying to do something to help this along, by continuing to document all the mismanagement that supports the Zoo's desperate need to have Tanya Peterson removed as the Director of our San Francisco Zoo.

I also want to fast track a Survey I had eventually planned.  I've used Survey Monkey before, and it posts results anonymously, as well has decent comment boxes.  If Staff is signing this Petition, I hope a good amount will fill out the survey, as their words are the only confirmation that can attest to what is really going on at our San Francisco Zoo, and this is a way for their words to be heard.  Ultimately, it needs to be the voices of Staffers who will be able to help end the reign of Tanya Peterson killing our Zoo.



Related post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2023/08/the-petition-to-remove-san-francisco.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.