Sunday, March 4, 2012

Friday March 2, 2012

A sad week (and month) of Zoo Friend losses.  Very sad.  I was at the Zoo today and Orkney was off exhibit, his pool drained and the Vets were there.  It didn't look good.  Later that night I read that he had passed.  Too many losses of precious Zoo Friends.


Hadn't gone into Lemur's for awhile, 
but I saw Gidro in a good spot


 Red Ruff Sun-Dance

Ring Tail

 Goobie peeking out from the dark :)

 Rigel

Jahari

 Walter
Visit Walter soon, he will be leaving for New Orleans in a couple weeks :(

Puente visitor American Widgeon (male)

Rhea alert

Maggie

Prairie Dogs are guarding their burrows
as they prepare for breeding season!

Meerkats, doin'  "the Tunya"  :)  
(thats footies in the air in case you don't know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.