Wednesday, November 28, 2012

RIP Lisa Hamburger - Former Chimpanzee Keeper Passes

Former San Francisco Zoo Chimpanzee Keeper Lisa Hamburger passed away over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I never knew Lisa Hamburger, but she meant alot to Beings dear to me.   Cobby, Tallulah, Maggie, Minnie and Charlene.  This is in honor of her for you.

I read her name many times during my early research to further the passion I have for the San Francisco Zoo Animals.  She was an Animal Keeper in Primates for over three decades.  A champion for the Chimpanzee's in her care, she would be present at the Zoo meetings, being their voice and striving to get the best life for them at the Zoo.

I have also been told by my friend Charlene who is an active Docent, stories of Lisa's love and devotion to Minnie, Maggie, Tallulah and Cobby.  Charlene has been a Docent for almost ten years, but has been a  volunteer on and off since the the 1970s.   She "worked" with Lisa on many occasions during the 80s and has expressed fondness for her and noting it as one of her best experiences in her time at the Zoo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.