Monday, November 25, 2013

My Zoo Outtings - Weekly Synopsis 11.22.13


> November 22, 2013 - RIP Banana Sam, Mocha and Marody.  All precious Zoo Friends who we lost in the past week.  You are Loved and Missed.   ... I will make an extended post on http://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com regarding the loss of  many Friends in recent months.  Its sad that People only hear about the passings of the Animals the Zoo feels are "newsworthy", when each of the Animals have People who love and care about them.

> November 21, 2013 - News of the New Playground opening has started.  

I have been very vocal on my other blog about what I think of the Zoo fundraising for this while Animals continue to need upgrades to their homes.  Yesterday I woke up wishing I had the funds to help our Chimps have a better home.   Today, I  further fantasize that our Chimps could be the first ones to try out the new Playground!  Playing on the Banyan Trees, for the Zoo would never build them such grandness :(

Read my extended post about the Chimps, coming soon to http://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com

> November 19, 2013 - Took this photo recently and wanted to share.  I often see Visitors sketching the Zoo Friends.  I thought this was a nice one as first time I've seen someone use color.  Usually its students doing such for assignments, but this guy seems like he's doing it for pleasure.  Miss Pike is his subject :)

Noting also the curiosity of Pike's Grotto still having a metal fencing barrier up.  WHile I am all for Barriering up all the Animals for THEIR safety, this one was installed along with one at Ulu's concret grotto, 2008 a couple months after the Tiger event.  The one at Ulu's (grotto B) came down during the recent renovation.  These fences have been ridiculous from the start, seeing as they never put one on the Meadow, so defeats the purpose of both Keeping the Animals in (?) and the Visitors out.   Nothing was ever installed at the Grizzly grotto either, even after a Visitor climbed in in 2009.  This all said, the Zoo should take this eyesore down. If they want to protect all, they should run a glass barrier across the whole Bear area, protecting all the Grottos from Visitor misbehavior.

> November 17, 2013 - Noticed this new sign.  Along with reading my blogs, the Zoo must be reading my mind, or maybe they have some new Staff that actually think.  I have a long signage post (yes another one!) in the works and something along the lines of this is part of it.  Hope to have it done soon.  Stay tuned to http://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com  


> November 16, 2013 - Rumor has it, there's a new Cat in Town!   Tis True, a Male Siberian/Amur has arrived as a mate for our Shastyuh/Martha!   He is in quarantine, so should be out after the thirty day period! Looking forward to meeting him :)  Will post more details on him as I get them!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.