Sunday, August 18, 2019

My Membership Status - What Will 2019 Hold For Me?

Well this is another post I had an earlier deadline for and never got to.  Now its the day before I need to renew our Membership and I want these thoughts documented.  ...  FYI it's tucked into one of these previous "Hold" spots, as I have all my draft posts in a certain flow order.  Two others I wanted to lead up to this one, but didn't get that far.  Hopefully this week, but you regular readers know me.  That could very well not happen.  Fingers crossed though!

For those who don't know why this is a thing, Director Tanya Peterson revoked my Membership (and my friend Lee's) in 2011.  Fees returned.  No reason given to me.  A slanderous accusation of a reason given to Lee.  I wrote letters to Society Board, and City Officials.  Memberships returned Complimentary after eleven months.  After six years in 2017, I was told they were "Exercising their right to refuse me a Membership".  No reason given.  The account was deactivated and noted that myself and my two friends were deceased!  After being very vocal about that, that notation was immediately scrubbed and other notations about me not being able to have a Membership added.  Notations were still there in 2018.  

I decided this year I would get a Membership in my name, because frankly its BS that I was denied in the first place.  There is absolutely no reason I can not hold a Membership in MY NAME!   I have never done anything wrong there.  I have never been approached by Management or Security about any disruptive actions or misbehavior.  EVER!  

The only issue the Zoo (and by this I mean Director Tanya Peterson) can take with me is in regard to my blog.  That said, it is not against any rules, and certainly not against the law, for me to document my personal experiences, thoughts, and opinions.  As I state in my Blogger's Statement, "... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."  

I believe an attempt at Censorship is the root of the Membership issue.  I was in a conversation with an upper management staffer, shortly after the 2017 issue, which came up in conversation.  I have known this person for years, yet they didn't it was me, and responded, "Are you the blogger?" I answered that I was and said, "That doesn't matter though".  Their response was, "But that goes against our Mission".  I said, "But your Mission is not my Mission".   Getting no where, the conversation ended, no hard feelings.  I think that pretty much confirms that my suspicion as to the reason is accurate.

Now, why I've never been given a reason, I don't know.  Not for lack of not trying to get one.  I have to assume, because there is no legitimate or legal reason.  And, obviously Director Peterson feels she has no obligation to provide me with one. 

So, over the past month, in preparation for this years renewal, I have checked the Membership status under my name, three times.  First at the end of July and again on August 14th.  There was nothing notated on my account.  I knew I'd probably procrastinate on this post so I made a video about this situation and posted that to YouTube the same day.

View Video here:
I checked again this past Saturday August 31.  There was nothing notated. ... It's actually ok that I never got to posting sooner, as when I checked on Saturday, the newest Membership Manager was there, and said, "You won't have any problem (getting a Membership in my name)".  So, we will see!  I hope that's true and I hope it sticks and I am not turned away on the non-valid whim of Director Peterson. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.