Saturday, December 21, 2019

Chimpanzee Christmas Party! - Shhhh! It's a Secret!

Many of you who follow my Twitter have probably already seen my video of the Chimpanzees having a Christmas Party.  I posted a cell phone clip Wednesday, the day it happened.  Eventually I'll have more from my camera. 

Here's the link, Chimpers are cute and having fun, but warning, my commentary is a bit cranky and blunt about the scenario.

I headed to the Zoo between the bursts of rain, so I could hopefully get a walk in.  Started to rain as I parked.  I thought, will probably pass, and I can always hang out inside with the Chimps.  Got to the Dayroom and it was closed with Security at door.  I asked what's going on, and was told maintenance.  So I went to path window as I saw a couple people standing there.  Looked inside and Chimps were having a Christmas Party!  ... As Zoo Staff watched.

Wonderful for the Chimps!  Their fun and enrichment is the most important thing, but good grief on a few points.  If you watch the video this is a repeat of my gripe.  First, Why does the Zoo always do fun themed enrichment (Birthdays, Holidays, ...) and not alert the public?  I've said this before, and I have posts in draft from yeara ago, exclusively about this.  People love this kind of stuff!  Next, Why if it's during business hours, do they then close it off to public?  I find it completely selfish.  Last, Isn't really a question but a general WTH.  It was raining.  They are lucky people even come to the Zoo in the rain.  The least they could do is have spaces you can view Animals that are covered open.  AND if there's something like this happening, it is beyond rude to allow people access to the path window, so they can stand in the rain watching. If they wanted it to themselves,  which they obviously did, then block the window access too.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got to see this, and would have been pissed if the path window had been closed too, so I know this might be hard to follow, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to express, and that's basically, this shouldn't happen. So in saying this, I'm really just putting myself in the place where this doesn't happen and things are just done better.  Geez and the rain issue.  It's raining, let people inside.  There's fun stuff, share it with people.  So many things are so secretive and selfish.  Sometimes, I just don't get the things that happen there.

Also, and this has happened before, and I find it ridiculous.  The lying.  I'm not a liar, so I just don't get it.  Why say there is maintenance when there is not?  Why not just say, it's closed so Zoo Staff can take their photos.  Why?  Maybe because the later sounds as shitty as the action.  I'm not blaming Security, unless he made it up, but maybe he was told to say that.  Again, just so ridiculous.

Merry Christmas My Precious Chimpers! I don't mind getting wet to see your happy faces! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.