Friday, December 20, 2019

Could the Orangutans Finally Be Getting A Proper Home?!!

So, I guess I was premature on my end of year Orangutan Update.   

When I walked up to Chimps yesterday, our three longtimers, Cobby, Minnie and Maggie, along with new lady Jamie were sitting on the stairs that lead from the yard to the short trail.  The three were intently looking toward Triple Grotto.  The girls proceeded to climb higher and all three started hooting!  From their vantage point, they could see into Triple Grotto. I could hear people in there, so something is happening!
Miss Minnie came over 
to ponder with me!

Toggling between my camera and my cell, I uploded the three clips I captured on my cell.  View all three parts starting here:

With the event on Tueday of the Orangutans having access to the yard, and then yesterday, Thursday, non-Zoo Staff in Triple Grotto, something is a brewing!  

Some who know me, might be thinking, is that all she has to say?  Haha, of course not!  I did have a much longer post, but for some reason I felt like I should wait to post all my thoughts. 

So enjoy this new development, and let's all hope there is a lovely yard for the Orangutans and Chimps to rotate through soon!  ... As it should have been eight months ago.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you on behalf of your devotion to captive welfare of San Francisco Zoo great apes! I was the dude that saw you this past January 2019. I was the guy that moved the signage in chimpanzee habitat at the doorway. You'd think that the very devotion and passion of your concerns would be acknowledged by the very institution that so clearly suggests these principles to have public concern of animal species! The zoo as we knew it is long gone. Never mind zoological garden the study of animals, today the zoo has become a cash cow with the notion to pick the public's pockets to champion conservation issues as they see fit. Congradulations on the small break throughs that have occurred. Again on behalf of the GREAT APES thank you deeply :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JungleJim - Thank you for your kind words! Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope you had a wonderful Holiday! ... I remember you, glad you told me who you were, I was curious! That sign is back in a spot that can't be seen if there are more than a few people in the dayroom. It needs to be at the entrance, but alas someone there thinks it's in the best spot I guess! lol! ... Your words on the way things are, all of it, are sadly on target. The biggest travesty is that the people who really care, even Animal Staff, seem to be targeted and of no value. ... Hoping that third space will be a priority soon! Orangs went out to yard again Christmas Eve day. ... Thank you again for the words and support! Keep commenting, much appreciated! ... You can also keep in touch by using this form as I have to publish comments, so any personal correspondence will of course then not be published. For a response, please include your email address. Cheers and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no value. Good point. Sad that zoo's today compassion is based on an agenda! An that agenda is totally different than the actual agenda of compassion first and foremost. Now we are exploring realm of philosophy. While we must have compassion toward other living things, it must not be an agenda that we must meet the quota. If the quota is the agenda to our compassion we will fail, because our compassion isn't truely coming from our hearts to begin with. To much of our concern today in alot of things is based that we must meet a quota that we our passionate about what we are doing. It's not heart felt, it's a business. t's another fricken stamp of man's authority and ruling over everything. Hence inspight all the happy talk about conservation and should, we see white man still speaking with a fork tongue! Same thing STILL happening different elements different day. What is rare and or endangered is those people with true compassion that bleeds through their being like a ray of light! In a nut shell looking at things 20/20 we see how twisted those "so-called" experts chirp their agendas. Hence we can see how blinded they are with their own visions, and don't see the bigger picture! I'm thankful through self learning I see the bigger picture and not blinded by delusions of agendas. In addition to the many rocking animal experiences that surely helped along the way that keeps us going. Glad to have help in even smallest way. Mostly wonderful to see your efforts devoted to ALL of this. It is worth it, wish is was more in this lifetime rewarded, but regardless your champion efforts have payed off. I applaud your efforts writing cause I know the words written can be exhausting. Thank you for being voice of animals whom NEED our voice to be heard. It's still a jungle out there, even if it's our concrete jungle. Again thank you for being that voice in the wild!!!

      Delete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.